icon

Rockford P4004 amp options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdog0411 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

I am thinking about getting a Rockford Fosgate P4004 to power 2 speakers and a single sub. The specs on the amp are:

• 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
  • 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
  • 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
  • 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
  • 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
  • Tri-way capable
  • How would I wire this to two Infinity Kappas rated at 100 RMS and a sub (don't have the sub yet). My main question is how would I wire the sub up to it...I suppose it would bridge two of the channels into one and then use the other two channels to power the Kappas? What impedance would I need the sub to be and how much power would that present to the sub in bridged mode?

2004 BMW 325ci.
    Alpine CDA-9885
    JL 300/4 and 250/1
    JL XR 5.25 comps
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 12
    esmith69 
    Gold - Posts: 1,511
    Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
    Posted: January 12, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

nice amp; I actually just recently got one of these to power my kappa 52.5i's and 62.5's and am loving it.

Anyways, as for the sub, it will need to be a single voice coil 4-ohm model, or a DVC sub with 2-ohm voice coils wired in series.  This is because this amp cannot run a bridged load of less than 4 ohms.  As long as you're bridging two of the amp's channels, the sub will get 200 watts RMS.

Ethan
    -----
    "Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
    Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
    This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic