icon

Dome light + Trigger tied?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CBill 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

I want to add that you must check for if the dome supervioring light is either negitive or postive output .. so you have to hook up the relay depending what output it is .. the picture above I saw whoever did the picture use postive dome light out .. so it just depend on what your alarm system instruction calls for but still if it says it's less 200mA out then you need to use a relay switch .. 

Bill

Eclipse71985 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
As I posted before it is neg. the instructions for the alarm tell me nothing else but that it is -. And the wiring information say nothing as well. Only that the headlights are high current and need a relay but dome and park are ok.
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

What type of alarm?

What type of Car?

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
Eclipse71985 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
generic combo off ebay why I think it was a defect. I am just trying this out for the first time to see how hard it is so I went cheap.
Ram 1500 2001 no factory alarm
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Dodge generally uses a negative door trigger system. As long as your alarm combo uses a neg domelight wire you'll be fine. The domelight will only come on after disarming when the alarm will ignore a neg feed on the wire. Basically what your doing is tricking the car into thinking you left a door open. 30 seconds later the alarm tells the car you've closed it.

What you want to do is connect the relay like this, you will need one in most situations and it's better to be safe than blow up a circuit on the main alarm pad.

85=+12 volts constant

86=Domelight wire from alarm.

87=Connects to the NEGATIVE domelight wire in car

30=connects to ground

87A=not used.

Connect the neg door trigger from the alarm at any point on line 87.

This way when the domelight wire comes on from the alarm the relay turns out and connects pin 30 to 87. This applies ground to the circuit and turns on the domelight. The Door trigger wire can be connected anywhere down line of pin 87. This way if someone opens the car and the NEGATIVE wire turns on and the alarm see's negative currnet which sets off the alarm.

So to answer your question, YES, the door trigger and domelight in this vehicle should be connected. Be sure to meter your wire to verify the wires are negative. If they're positive triggered email me an dI'll tell you how to fix.

Good Luck 

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
Eclipse71985 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
I am using the negitive wire I had it all working before it blew and I will be getting another feb. 1. I will do this once I recive the alarm. I guess having the trigger and dome tied isn't a problem seeing how they will come into contact how thats setup. I really think it was just a defect now but I will still do it this way becuase it looks more professional and is safer just in case I am wrong.
Thanks for all your help guys I hope when I try this on my car with a better system it will go smoother than on this truck.
CBill 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  

Your going to blow another one if you don't use a relay switch for your dome supervisor light trigger ..

Bill

Eclipse71985 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I am going to wire it like you and Jschult3 are telling me.
85=+12 volts constant
86=Domelight wire from alarm. (negative output)
87=Connects to the NEGATIVE domelight wire in car
30=connects to ground
87A=not used
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic