icon

Magnet Size

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tackett834 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot man.....which is better...parallel or series wiring?  Also I see that the Adire Audio Tempest is a 8ohm DVC sub according to http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&specific=jmroomhmk

So would a mono amp still do the job...or the 8ohm load in the picture above (wiring in series) work? Thanks

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

You will want to get either a high powered 2 channel amp (400 to 500 watts continuous at 4 ohms) or a class D amp that puts out 400 to 500 watts at 4 ohms also. Just wire it in parallel if you are wanting to get a 4 ohm load.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:
haemphyst wrote:
stevdart wrote:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-660

Your money will be in the amp to power it.

(It's a Kove Armageddon)

For those of you interested in building a TL, this'd be tha driver to try it with! This thing'd ROCK you A$$ OFF! I have already ordered two, as I need some subs for my home system!

That's a pretty high Fs on that thing, especially for a HT.  I'd recommend adding some mass to that cone to drop it some.  I'd rather have the low end than the efficiency.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Ahhh... maybe so, but if you actively cross it over BELOW the Fs of the driver (I was thinking about 28Hz - the F3 of my existing system) and allow the TL to extend the frequency response, you CAN get away with it - WITHOUT adding mass. I was figuring on a stuffef line tuned for around 18, which by my calculations SHOULD dump the F3 of the system right around 20. I say this, because experience dictates that no matter WHAT frequency you aim for, your tuning will almost ALWAYS end up about 1/2 octave below that, due to frictional losses in the line... Not a bad way to shift the response though, hmmm?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
how does the armageddon sound besides being loud as all hell?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
dunno... probably like crap unless it is powered properly. LOL
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Bjuniord 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Dude, I just had to share this experience with my 18" Cerwin Vegas:
The box was the whole back seating area of a '76 Honda CVCC Civic (I think the smallest Honda ever made) - we built the box inside the car and was big enough so ports wasn't even considered. They were powered by a Rockford Fosgate Punch 800 - that was wired mono giving each of the pair 400W of continous power. Talking about boom - you didn't hear my music, you felt it - 5 blocks away! Use to rattle everything off convience store shelves for kicks. Your vision was actualy impared while getting a back massage. And, I use to joke that when ever I ran out of gas, I'd open the hatch and get basspropellsion.
Jr
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic