icon

Clifford Matrix 3.5 broken remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Knertified 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
I broke the initial remote to my Clifford alarm and purchased a new one. I had to unplug the main wiring harness to by pass the alarm so I could drive the car to buy the remote =]. The problem I have is the alarm has non-volitile memory so it remembers the alarm status even when unplugged. As soon as I plug the alarm back in, its setting off the siren which of course will not allow me to program the remote. How do I get around this? I have searched everywhere.
Thanks!
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
You have to put the alarm in valet mode. Then once it is in valet mode you can program the new remote.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Knertified 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your reply but I can't put it in valet mode because the alarm is armed as soon as I plug it back in. In order to put it in valet mode, you need to disarm the alarm with a remote, hold down the valet button and put the key into the ignition. I do not have a remote to disarm the alarm because it broke. I tried just using the valet button and ignition but the alarm goes off as soon as i turn the key to "ON".
Knertified 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
help =] I would think a broken remote would be a common problem :)
Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
You can disarm the clifford without using the remote. You need to turn key to on and then press the valet button within 10sec the number of programmed times 1-5(I think default is 1). Check the instruction manual.
Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Who installed the alarm. You need to find out how many times you need to puse the program button to DISARM form the valet. You dont need to unlpug the alarm. that waht the valet button for for. but you need to fidn out how many times you need to push the valet button.
Knertified 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
The problem is though, As soon as i turn the key the alarm goes off. I tried putting it valet mode and it ignores my request because of the alarm.
Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
You can turn off the alarm without the remote you need to know how many times you push the valet button within 10seconds with the key on. If you don't push the valet button the correct number of times within those 10sec with the key on the alarm will continue to sound. YOU DO NOT NEED THE REMOTE.
Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know how many times the valet button was set at. Did you do that install, or a freind, or did a shop. If you did do you remeber changeing the code, if a frteind did ask him/her waht it was set at, if a shop did it, look at the owners manural, on the page about use the valet it should been written in there. aslo since you unplug the unit maybe you aslo unplug the valet button, or it came lose, look at it and re seat it.
This part im not sure on, if it work or not.
If you dotn have the code, there are only 5 of them. Start at 1 and go all the way up to 5. Im not sure if the unit will see that thsi is happing and ingorn the rest. as you doign this you may and to opend the door each time, im not sure if this wil work.
you kow of any one with a bitwritter, if so have ti look up then go form there.
Aslo the valet button could be bad.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic