icon

Nakamichi is done

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
I think you are overlooking the most disturbing part of the fact that Nak is going away....UTHINK HAS A GUN....I am personally going to avoid being in the vacinity of any clock towers for a long while....
04 MDX - Clarion DRZ9255 / MB Quart QAA4250 / MB Quart QSD216 / Orion Concept 97.2 / JL Audio 10w6v2
91 GMC Syclone - Delco tape deck
90 Syclone powered 2wd S10 (for sale) - Pyle CD / Fosgate 4x6
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
6 dead and counting, no joke. I will not rest and my barrel will not cool off until my work is finished and the new line of Nakamichi Car Audio is promised. The body count will rise, as well as the bounty on my head.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

hmmm.....well, you have been missing for the last 48 hours.....

(shudders to think of the carnage.....)

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
6 dead and counting, no joke. I will not rest and my barrel will not cool off until my work is finished and the new line of Nakamichi Car Audio is promised. The body count will rise, as well as the bounty on my head.

Not very funny.  And not very mature.

Support the12volt.com
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
What is the world coming to? And they just won't stop making audiobahn. Somebody out there hates us all.
'85 Toy
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
supradude has got it down DYohn, you need to relax. lol. I'm seriously pissed about nak, but i read the article. They still will be doing nak car audio, but they are going to focus in on home audio. But seriously, audiobahn should be made illegal. Its worse than pyle in my opinion lol. pyle doesn't advertise chrome and flames or PHAT surround. lol.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I know you position yourself as the #1 Nakamichi groupie on this forum, but don't think jokes about killing people are funny especially not when it's due to a company shutting down.

Some hard facts.  NakamichiUSA is dead.  Chapter 7.  Nakamichi R&D in Tokyo is also dead, shop closed and business dissolved and turned over to the Japanese government.  Nakamichi Electronics, the independent division that produces gear with the Nakamichi name on it, is owned by Grande Holdings Ltd.  Audio and video equipment produced by them will now be distributed in North America through ESI and a new company called Nak, Incorporated.  There are no planned new product introductions for car audio from Nakamichi (there have not been any since 2003.)  Grande announced they intend to focus their car audio product development with the Akai brand, since Akai is perceived as having a better brand image than Nakamichi after years of Nakamichi quality issues.  Grande also announced (at the 2005 CES) that they intend to use the Nakamichi brand mainly for high-end home audio and video offerings, specifically plasma screens and sound systems like their Sound Space line.

If you want to complain, here's the contact information:

Grande Holdings Ltd.

398 Kwun Tong Road
Kowloon, HONG KONG

+852 2342 9666

Support the12volt.com
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic