icon

Crimestopper CS2016

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mito57 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
I'm planning to buy one of this systems. My concern is about the range. Someone has any experience wit this pager?  Which one would you recommend?  I have had bad experience with some of these 1 mile advertised pagers.
mito57 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Nobody has some feedback about this? Crimestopper CS2016 - Last Post -- posted image.
d_arnold 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Hey man, I've sold one of those before and they really like it. The customer never gave me any feed back on the range of the pager. But if he had a problem I would have know about it. As a general rule you get better range if you are up higher than the car. So if you work on the second floor of an office building you will have great range. You also have to take into consideration things in the way. No alarm will take to kindly to big cemment walls and steel. So before you bye one think of how effective it will be, and how fast you can get to your car if the pager goes off. Most of my customers go with the cs 2011rs because it a lot cheaper and they just don't think they will make to the car intime to stop a thief. The pager is cool but that's about all it is. Is it really cool enough to pay the extra 100 bucks or so. It's all about perspective. But really it's a great alarm I love crime stopper.   
Two_Cold 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
I was impressed with the range. I never got what it claims, but it was very good. The remotes are a bit large and feel cheap. I worked good, until a relay stuck and I had to send it in for exchange. The reason I got rid of it is because the remotes got scratched up so I sent them in to CrimeStopper for new lenses with a money order for the fee. I never saw the remotes again. I called several times, emailed and they cannot find them and will not help me. The money order was cashed by them. I did everything but call a lawyer. I just gave up and bought a Viper 791VX. The range is less, but the remotes are smaller, cheaper and look better.
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
We sell crimestopper, and there 2way stuff is junk, all of it, the alarms and aalarm/starters, about half of our customers come back when we install those things, remote dont work right, remote battery goes dead all the time, remote just doesnt work period.... i actually unplugged the antenna from the unit and the remote worked further away then w/ the antenna pluged in.  GARBAGE. do not buy.  Crimestopper has some major remote issues, and they sure arent ready for the world of 2way, get a compustar or viper
CBill 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed a Megatronix Megalarm M3700 in my Blazer and I like it so far .. It's not a "named brand" system but it does the job fine for me and within my budget price range which allowed me to purchase 2 windows modules to go with it and it the only 2way remote/alarm I seen in the lower range price that have 4 or more aux channels on the remote ..

Range on the remote I get is like close to 1/4 miles away and that impressive enough for me .. I never remote start or unlock my truck in the public unless it in plain view of my eyes  but Ill remote start it at home in the house without going out to check thur the window knowing it sucessfully started beside lots of state and cities are placing new laws that you can't remote start cars or leave cars running unattend in public places anymore .. Even "named brand" system/2way can't go that far away ..

Bill

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic