icon

Interesting Idea

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ugmoe2000 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

So.... I just built some panels to make 6.5" CDT EF-61CF Components fit into the stock 6 X 9 openings of my grand cherokee. Here's a picture of the panels mine are built to replicate:

Interesting Idea - Last Post -- posted image.
I noticed that there was extra room on the panel. Since I'm using the stock grilles (which basically look like the ones shown here 
 ) I figured I could spray paint a portion of the panel silver/chrome and then put some blue LED's in the panel at the locations shown below
Then put those LED's on the fading circuit found here : http://metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/colorfade/index_eng and hide the circuitry under the dash somewhere and just mount a switch to turn it on. So the effect would be a soft blue glow that slowly fades on and off showing through the stock speaker grilles. I think this would add a little spice to the install seeing as I couldn't use different grilles without heavy modification that I don't want to get into. What do you guys think?

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
-Rockford Fosgate Punch 501x
-CDT EF-61CF Components
-CDT CL-6x Coaxials for Rear Fill
-Aura 1" tweets from the Mr. Component Series in the dash
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

OOoooh K?

Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

I'm doing a similar design with my speakers (I like lights, leave me be) but its more like post mounted onto the speaker facing the speakers. (2 for my 2-ways in my door with the felt removed so you can see it and hear better, 3 for my rear deck exposed 6x9 3-way) No fading, just a constant lighting.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
I think it would look pretty cool, and that is one of those if you dont like it later.  You've only lost like $20 max, and you can just remove it. 
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic