icon

97 Cavalier, Passlock I

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
I would check to be sure you have the bulb check wire right. I think its  not in a three wire harness it is with all the ignition wires.
rsudbay 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

hey, i just got done putting a remote start on my 97 chevy cavalier. i had the same prob. dose your theft light blink after it shuts itself off. then that was my same prob. i found that the problem was the bulb wire. what i remember was it was the smallest black wire. i found black wires it could have been. it ended up being the smallest one, on the top harness. there was two diff. harnesses used for remote start. the bulb wire is on the top one.

but now mabey you can help me, how in the **** did you hook up the power locks. i have been messing with them for the last week. when i lock, all the doors lock. but when i unlock, all but the driver unlock????? please help me fix my retarded cavy.

p.s.   coming from a owner, dont ever buy a cavalier

hey, everyone has got to start somewhere. but ill learn
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
If you are getting the lock wires in drivers kick there are 2  lock and 2 unlock wires that are same color and test right,but only one these  wires will lock all doors and only one will unlock all doors. So you have the right lock just need to find the right unlock.
Chris
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  

I got the bulb test wire in the ignition harness, next to the 2 red power wires.  It testesd as ground during crank.

As for door locks sorry I can't really help you there, her car doesn't have power door locks.  But I see that they  are 5 wire if on a non keyless entry car, mastered from the passenger side.  If keyless, then they are positive trigger.

thanks for the help

tim

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic