icon

97 Honda civic Manual Trans?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

Going to install a compustar manual into a friends honda civic. It has a manual transmission. I have a tech sheet for the car. But had a few quick questions. For tach, it says to goto the tach test connect? Is this just a incomplete harness (a harness not connected to something?) in the engine bay?

Also looking for any tips or hints before I start digging in?

Such as parking break wire? Where to look(at the parking break its self or somewhere else)?

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
*1 Drivers side fire wall
its a incomplete connector, usually cover w/ a rubber cover and youll prolly wont find the blue wire easily cause its insulated.
ebrake is GREEN/ red or RED / green, i forgot. left side of the dash headin up to the dash.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
"For tach, it says to goto the tach test connect? Is this just a incomplete harness (a harness not connected to something?) in the engine bay?"
Correct. Blue wire and a square looking rubber at the end of it.
"Such as parking break wire? Where to look(at the parking break its self or somewhere else)?"
The parking brake wire at the parking break level is the easiest. The center console of the Civic is easy to remove only a few screw. I like to get it there.   
Civic has been ask a million time on this forum.
You can do a search here using the search botton on the top right corner.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.97 Honda civic Manual Trans? - Last Post -- posted image.
Sierra2700 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

Ok finnaly did some digging in the car. I did do a search on "honda civic" and 97 civic before reposting.

Wires im having problems with:

Parking lights- RED / Black

-Location: Looked at the switch its self. Found a couple wires up by the little parking lights lever but would have to pull the shroud off. I have 3 different wire guides for the vehicle and they all are simlar. Is there a difference place to get this?

Doorpin switch

-Location: Tried the dome light, but he has an aftermarket radio so the domelight no longer works. My wiring guide says: BLACK/ white or GREEN/ red in drivers kick, or light GREEN/ red in kick, or

Clutch? Is there any wire that needs to connect a to the clutch or not? Or just the brake wire?

Tach: I know there is suppost to be a blue or white plug that has nothing connected to it on the driver side firewall but I just dont see one. I havent started probing wires yet but if no one has a hint on where the test tach connect is I will have to. Otherwise I will try one of the injectors unless anyone objects to that?

Allthowise I have every other connection minus the tach. If anyone could shed some light on the above couple connections that would be great. Thanks.

TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
12Vwhite+ignition harness
STARTERBLACK/ white+ignition harness
IGNITIONBLACK / YELLOW+ignition harness
ACCESSORYWHITE/ black+ignition harness
SECOND ACCESSORYyellow+ignition harness
TACHOMETERbluetest connector*1
POWER LOCKGREEN / WHITE-blue plug dkp or *2
POWER UNLOCKGREEN/ orange*3-blue plug dkp or *2
PARKING LIGHTS +RED / blackdkp/fuse box or *4
PARKING LIGHTS -
DOOR TRIGGERlt. GREEN/ red*5-factory alarm plug*2
HEADLIGHTSRED / wht(L)RED / blu(H)+steering column
WIPERSblue and blue / YELLOW-steering column
LF WINDOW UP/DNRED / yellow - RED / bluAdrivers door
RF WINDOW UP/DNblue/yel - blue/orgAdrivers kick panel
LR WINDOW UP/DNgrn/yel - greenAdkp, harness to rear
RR WINDOW UP/DNyellow - yellow/grnAdkp, harness to rear
TRUNK/HATCH PINblue/blk*6-dkp, harness to rear
HOOD PIN
TRUNK/HATCH RELEASE
FACTORY ALARM ARM
FACTORY ALARM DISARM
HORN TRIGGERgray or blue-column or*2
BRAKE WIREGREEN / WHITE+brake switch
LOCK MOTORnonenonnone
UNLOCK MOTORnonenonnone
DISARM DEFEATnonenonnone
DISARM NO UNLOCKnonenonnone
DOME SUPERVISIONnonenonnone
SPEED SENSEnonenonnone
SUN ROOF OPEN/CLOSEnonenonnone
SUN ROOF LIMITnonenonnone
LF SPEAKERnonenonnone
RF SPEAKERnonenonnone
LR SPEAKERnonenonnone
RR SPEAKERnonenonnone
RADIO 12Vnonenonnone
RADIO GROUNDnonenonnone
RADIO SWITCHnonenonnone
RADIO ILLUMINATEnonenonnone
POWER ANTENNAnonenonnone

Notes:*1 Drivers side fire wall under hood. *2 Factory alarm plug located behind radio. (GREEN/ plug). *3 Can also use blue / YELLOW for driver door unlock only. *4 Male blade terminal at fuse box. Also at the back of the dimmer switch. *5 Can also be found in a light green plug above the fuse box or bottom of drivers kick, harness to rear. For dome supervision use lt. GREEN/ black at factory alarm/keyless plug. *6 Also available at factory alarm plug. (lt. green).
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

you can find parking light wires all over the car.

Sierra2700 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

So best/easiest place for parking lights is on the back side of the dimmer rolling switch (immediatly to the left of the steering wheel.

For door trigger I should goto  light green plug above the fuse box. Is this the plug that is connected to the fuse box its self. (there are like 5 or 6 different plugs on the fuse box) or is it somewhere else.

As far as tach goes I will probably look around again for that plug. I found about 4 different plugs on the driver side firewall but all seemed to be complete plugs. I was looking for a blue wire with grey dots on it.

Any other tips would be appreciative but thanks for the help so far.

Lastly, Do I have to do anything with a relay and the clutch wire? Or not?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic