Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
doc t 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  
I'm KooKoo for coco puffs! it's time for your medication mr jones.....no i don't want it......open wide....
All Bleeding stops.....eventually!
Rick_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok now that  I know why I goofed.... (note to self, redjust respirator)

I have built the inside front up with 2 more lifts.  Now I need to cut the gauge holes in it.  3 holes 2 1/6" or so.

Just use a hole saw or is there a more percise way?

Also, need to consider a finish to match the stock interior, I seen something about a fabric that can be used.  Wonder if I can do that part in the paint or do I have to put another coat of bondo on and add texture?

Seems I may be doing some of the steps bassackwards, oh well, about the only way I can learn!  (note to self, adjust straps tighter on respirator, what I already said that, why do I feel so mellow, oh well )

Since my goof, we decided just to use the pod as a mold to create vacuum formed units for roof mount in an F Series pickup.  If they turn out ok, may cut bottoms to fit others.   Or now that I think about it, if vacuum forming, maybe I just wait and cut the hoels in the finished unit?  I alrady have the hole templet.

Thanks for the input,

Rick H...

Rick_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, figured out the SEM makes a pepple type finish paint, will pick some up at atuobody supply house. 

Waiting to hear back from the vacuum former on temps to decide if the finish will handle it.  Still have to get the contour of the roof to shape the bottom of the pod then figure a mounting solution.

I just spent 5 minutes inthe cab of the truck and dang, I came up with about a dozen new ideas!  This forum is going to get me in trouble with my wife! (its here truck I use for lay out and design).

Thanks again,

Rick H...

johnnyb1231 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
i cant count how many times ive gotten stoned off resin... but the longer i work with it the better my projects turn out... i think im just so high it makes me more creative and i dont care about what my boss says... one day me and my buddy were so stoned off the resin we ended up working till like 3 am... but the project turned out nice
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic