icon

another stolen car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
ok enough of the i will get my gun and shoot you over my car business. most of you do not have a gun and if you do why commit a class a felony over your car?  sorry had to get that off of my chest. also under stressed conditions your heart rate doubles and your accuracy is greatly affected and i am willing to bet you would shoot your precious car 3 times for every one that you hit the guy stealing it. as long as we have something that someone else wants we are going to have a problem with theft. alarms are nice, but we all no that there is no alarm that can stop a flatbed truck.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Here's my take on this whole situaton. First I have to agree with misterjimbo, guns dont solve sh*t. Plain and simple. Now second. Alarms arent made to stop professional car thieves, cause they are probally gonna get your car no matter what you do, if its nice enough dont kid yourself, the flatbed may comeout. Alarms are ment to deter the weekend thieves and kids. Some 14 year old kid looking to steel a stereo or a car is probally not gonna bother steeling your car when there are probally another 2 dozen on your block that dont have alarms. It just doesnt make sense. You still need an alarm, the blinking light isnt enough because if I was a thief I would probally strike a car to make sure that there is actually an alarm in the car and not just a fake light. If I found out it was a fake light I would probally target that car just to teach the owner a lesson for being cheap. Thieves are scum, thats it, thats the secret. Thats why they do what they do, their scum. Also just to revisit the gun point for a second, to anyone who was serious about pulling a gun on a thief, did you ever think about the fact that they might be packing, or even worse they might have a friend around the corner or in the bushes that has a pistol trained on you. Be smart guys, stay safe and remember that at the end of the day its just stuff and stuff can be replaced. Stereos, good or bad, sound the same to dead guys.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thats what the pitbull is for!!!!!another stolen car - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  

My take on the gun is slightly different. Now given, I'm not a huge enthusiast, but well, my point is plain and simple. If you are willing to take from me, you are willing to die by me. And for the most part a majority of thieves aren't gonna qualify for a high treatment. Maybe my bar, or any other blunt beatable object. But my biggest dislike is simply that if they can't take it, they usually damage it just to screw you. (Atleast the lower end thieves.) Personally that's what gets me, if I make it so you can't get it (Fiberglass could be a major problems for most thieves) then why destroy it? I wouldn't touch anyones car in a damaging manor unless they did something extreme, its one of my sacred things. Touching my car is just a very bad trigger for me, and if the alarm is going off and they are still in my car trying to get stuff when I get there, I don't mind making the point. The gun prolly will never come out, atleast not at the scene, on the other hand, the bar or bat probably will.

I am willing to serve time to apply real justice. I may even just take the knees out so they can't get away. But my point will be made, and hopefully the police arrive soon enough for it. I'm also hot tempered and a little nuts, a bad combo. But I believe that the justice system is a huge failure and I hate people getting away with crap. If I ever got my stuff stolen and saw it somewhere else, I'd probably put them down real well. That's why I like the ESN setup, steal it go ahead, it's worthless to you idiot.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=danieljaluise]I agree. The FIRST accessory added to any car should be an alarm. QUOTE]

When ever I do an install for any friends or family, I will always refuse to install anything until they purchase an alarm, I don't care if they don't buy it from me, and some times I will istall the alarm for free or the price of materials (I still cut my friends a great deal, and of course I won't charge family, that would just be wrong).

The point is that an alarm is, hands down, the most important thing you can buy for your car, even if you have nothing more to protect than an ashtray full of pennies.  And with the right insurance company, you can save money just by having one.

Most people (dumb people) think that a blinking LED is just a billboard stating that they have something to protect, when in reality a car thief will avoid this car because of the fact that they have a higher chance of being seen with an alarm going off, and there is a chance that the alarm will have an ignition kill, which the smarter criminals will know.  But hey, what criminal is really smart?
eh? what did you just say?
specialauto 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
a pager alarm is best, cuz no one really pays attention to alarms goin off anymore...but the moron who is taking it will be scared.. unless hes good..
which means.. IF he wants it bad enuff... he'll take it
Canadian Auto Sound
Starting Installer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic