icon

Horn Wire and Door Trigger Woes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steiny83 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

Hey again everyone...I'm the guy with the parking light wire problem a few threads ago (1998 S10, Scytek Galaxy 5000RS 2-way alarm/remote start).  Anyway, I got the parking lot wire working (thanks again for your help!).  However, I am now having problems locating the horn wire and the door trigger wire.

Door Trigger--I originally had this hooked up to the dome light wire (blue/white) at the light switch harness, but that wire doesn't ground when the doors are opened (only when the dome light is manually turned on).  I read this on a wire chart...

Door Trigger                White (-)                       Courtesy Light or at BCM Tan DR.+ Orange PAS 
I tried  an orange wire at the Brown (Tan?) BCM connector, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't it...can anyone else decipher this better than I?

Horn Wire--This is what I got on the horn wire...

Horn Wire                    Black (-)                        Brown Connector at BCM
There are  3 black wires at the Brown BCM connector...2 are 18 gauge and one is 20.   I tried my best to test these wires without cutting them, but eventually gave in and cut the 20 gauge one on a hunch.  When the key is on Run, this wire triggers some relay under my dash.  Could anyone tell me what this relay is to (I saw no changes in the operation of my truck with the wire disconnected).  Secondly, could anyone tell me which wire I actually need for the horn...and Thirdly, could someone tell me where I could get info. on all the wires at the BCM and anywhere else in the truck for that matter?  Thanks a lot for your help!

Komobu 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
Hi;
For the door doorlock wire, you can try asking your local dealer at service or parts for some help. Some of those guys are pretty cool.
For the horn, you could go under the hood and connect a relay straight to the horn. That would be the easiest. You would hook positive current(use 12 or 14 gage wire) to pin 87 on the relay. Pin 30 should also be 12 or 14 gage and hook up to the horn. Pin 86 can be 18 or 20 gage wire and hook up to the battery. Pin 85 shoul hook up to the alarm negative horn/siren output.
If the wiring diagrams on this site aren't working for you, you can buy one on ebay for 4.99 with no shipping charge. You pay the 4.99 through paypal or a credit card and they email you the 80 page manual immediately. The file consists of about 80 pages and only covers the S10. I bought the same thing for a 96 chrysler and it was a 5 dollar bill well spent. It will explain resisters, diodes relays and other items pertaining to your vehicle. Here is the link:
S10 Remote Start Manual
Hope that helps
Pat
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
Door triggers are an orange and a tan at the BCM (by accelerator pedal, above tranny hump), in the top plug I believe (can't remember what color the plug is). Horn will be black, negative, in the column.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
steiny83 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

awesome...you both helped a lot...I will go check those wires, Gus.  And I just bought that guide you were talking about, Komobu

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic