the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Why so much bass?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I solved the gravity thing and it's not as fun as you might think, but I now have a time disease.  It moves too fast.
Support the12volt.com
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Well that sucks. I have the same disease and still can't fly.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
(BTW Dan, the Extremis 6.8 is a SMOKIN' driver! As if you didn't already know!) Why so much bass? - Page 7 - Last Post -- posted image.

Hey, I was hoping to hear how you used them and your thoughts.  If you don't mind sharing, you can e-mail me at skephart@adireaudio.com.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
wow, it's amazing how this thread took a twist, for the tecnically advanced better :) .
Dan from adire audio, thank you from posting here. Unfortunately this wasn't one of your really advanced posts, you just posted the basis for a decibelWhy so much bass? - Page 7 - Last Post -- posted image. .
Anyway, thanks to all of you for posting here. To ALien dude, you seem to be a smart person, but you just got your physics mixed up
Alien509 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

sedate wrote:
Alien, screw these clowns, I think ur onto something.
You're just not expressing it very well.
--edit --

The whole time to change ratio is what I have been comparing. The higher frequencies produce more change per unit of time in comparison with any note lower. This guy knows what I am trying to show. Sorry for getting all technical on the forums here.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

No no, don't be sorry.  It gave us all a chance to read the intelligent posts that followed...there are things to learn when the likes of Dan Wiggins, Steven Kephart and DYohn get "all technical".

Alien wrote:
...intensity to overcome my subs just enough to hear outside would for sure be deaftifying in the car.

I like "deaftifying".  Now THAT'S all technical!

Why so much bass? - Page 7 - Last Post -- posted image.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

Man, I almost paid tuition for this physics class.  But here is a link to clarify all of the misunderstandings.  And yes, low tones can be heard further do to there freq., the distance of sounds are also determined by the temperature of the environment which they are heard in.  http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae557.cfm

Now on to the car boom that you hear.  With higher frequencies being directional you may not hear the high frequencies do to there placement in the car.  Also, if the windows are up you might here the bass and some vocals much better than the higher pitch sounds.  Just take a walk into your local theather and listen real good.  You only hear the boom on the outside and more of the tonial variations when in the theather.  This is do to the ability of certain frequencies to bend just as light does to it's frequencies. 

Associations of theories with tests normally go good together.  Alien, you are doing the numbers but don't forget about the effects that other objects have on them.  All particles on earth have motion, some faster than others that is why we have solids, liquids and gases.  'kinetic theory'

Why didn't I become a engineer?

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Alien509 wrote:

The whole time to change ratio is what I have been comparing. The higher frequencies produce more change per unit of time in comparison with any note lower. This guy knows what I am trying to show. Sorry for getting all technical on the forums here.

That is correct, and is the definition of frequency as I pointed out originally.  However you were trying to add "force" into this equation as well which is incorrect. 

And it's no problem to get technical on here.  Just be prepared to back up your stance if you are going to argue it.  Just making stuff up doesn't convince people of your position. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

Chad: Stands up and hands everyone a brew, and a KOOL-AID!!! to those who don't drink in rewards for the thoughts and brain strains of those who have participated in this intriguing thread.

To DYohn: Well, as I have said before, you never seize to amaze me, with the knowledge and contributions you bring to this forum.

To Dan Wiggins and Stephen Kephart: Also a big thanks in the information that you have contributed. And when are you going to get some more dealers here in Louisiana?? I personally like your products, but there is only one dealer in Thibidaux, in which I and many others would rather drive 100 miles to listen to it/purchase, then the 30 to the only dealer we have down here. I'll leave that at that. Though I do come here representing one audio shop, I still keep an open mind to others' products, as we do not deal ALL the best equipment. And with technology as that of yours, I wish we had someone else I could go to check out your products.

And to the many others, thanks for the efforts in trying to put all of this in perspective, it is rare we get a thread that does indeed get in this "deep". As I enjoy a little brain twister from time to time, I look forward to reading these when they do occur. So thanks to everyone!!!

Page of 7

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic