icon

subwoofer recommendation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
comp123 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
I built an enciousure that has exactly 2 cu,ft interior volume. I was orginally using one RF amp 500x2 but I decided to use 2 RF 500x2 amps instead. The problem I now have is the two RFP4210 subs I was using do not have a efficient impedance(2or8ohms only). I am looking for another recommendation other than RFP4110 which does run at 4 ohms. Ultimatly I am looking for two 10 inch 4 ohm subs that work in 2 cu,ft receiving 500 watts each? Thanks, comp123.
chas
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Sealed box or do you want to experiment with a port? What exact model # of amp do you have? How do you feel about making the box smaller if need be?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
comp123 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:
Sealed box or do you want to experiment with a port? What exact model # of amp do you have? How do you feel about making the box smaller if need be?
chas
comp123 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

I built a 3/4 box out of MDF. The front is plexi also 3/4. The inside of the box is 1/8 mirrored plexi which I siloconed in place. Without drivers I am exactly 2.06cu,ft. The back wall which the drivers will be mounted to has about a 55 degree angle so it will fit deep in the trunk of my 1979 TA. Making the box smaller is an option as i could decrease my length, I would rather not. A ported encloser sounds great, I didnt think I had the Volume. I could fire the ports straight up and out the rear deck. The amps are Rockford Fosgate 500s in mono it will be 500w into 4 ohms. There will also be two 18" neon tubes in the box. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out.

chas
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

Sealed box of this volume calls for the tried and true Eclipse aluminum subs. They handle this amount of power with ease. Can you get some kind of center divider in there to separate the two enclosures?

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
comp123 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

I thought about a center divider pre construction but I decided to leave the box one chamber for looks(plexi front}.    I could seperate the box for a bandpass and still keep the front open without showing a divider. A bandpass would be awesome but I know it is also a lot more technical to build.

chas

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic