which box would u pick?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmw9786 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
You might look at some of these MTX loaded boxes for good sound quality and will hit hard too.
hey thanks 4 the link ima check them out right now
i came,i saw, i forgot everything
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

You just need the enclosure, not loaded with subs?

http://www.subzeromfg.com/productsb.htm  These are well-built enclosures.  You would need to contact the maker of the box, no matter which one you use, to make sure the box type and air volume is appropriate for the subs that you have.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
I just had a guy come to me with the bandpass box with the 12s you listed. he was tired of it sounding like garbage so he had me build him a diffrent box for the same subs.     I built a 2 cuft box vented to 32 hz that fits under the rear seat of a truck.      it sounds alot louder and cleaner then the box that the sub were pre loaded in.    Your best bet spend you money on subs, and build the box yourself, or pay someone to do it.   Pre-loaded boxes typically sound like garbage
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:

You just need the enclosure, not loaded with subs?

http://www.subzeromfg.com/productsb.htm  These are well-built enclosures.  You would need to contact the maker of the box, no matter which one you use, to make sure the box type and air volume is appropriate for the subs that you have.

thats another thing, do these box's come with the subs? but no i dont need the subs i already got 2 of them and im guna buy a 3rd one, and thank u 4 the info and the link
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
jeffchilcott wrote:
I just had a guy come to me with the bandpass box with the 12s you listed. he was tired of it sounding like garbage so he had me build him a diffrent box for the same subs.     I built a 2 cuft box vented to 32 hz that fits under the rear seat of a truck.      it sounds alot louder and cleaner then the box that the sub were pre loaded in.    Your best bet spend you money on subs, and build the box yourself, or pay someone to do it.   Pre-loaded boxes typically sound like garbage
  yo thanks 4 that information, thats the kinda info im lookn 4! buy the way did u hear it? how much sh*t did it sound like
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
What type of subs do yo have? Your best bet is a box specificaly designed for your speakers and the best way to get that would be to either learn how to build it yourself or go to your local shop and have them do it for you. Thats usually the cheapest and best way to make sure you get what you want in my experiance.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
oonikfraleyoo wrote:
What type of subs do yo have? Your best bet is a box specificaly designed for your speakers and the best way to get that would be to either learn how to build it yourself or go to your local shop and have them do it for you. Thats usually the cheapest and best way to make sure you get what you want in my experiance.
yea i know, do they build boxes at audioshops?
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
if you find a car stereo shop that doesnt build custom boxes then do yours yourself and take it to them and tell them to give you a job.
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
hey yall i just found this box on sounddomain using the subbox enclosure guide and it says it will fit it almost perfectley so plz take a look and let me no, thank u http://www.cardomain.com/item/OBCSSP12388
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic