icon

Remote Start Won't Turn Over

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steiny83 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

I connected the +Brake Input to a ground (so the alarm knew the brake was not being pushed) and it still did the same thing...   The alarm chirped 3 times and the parking lights flashed...

My truck is a manual transmission...does this change anything??

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Now you mention its a manual????
I hope the unit you are using is for manual transmission vehicles.
If its not, do us all a favor and don't install it.
How did you bypass the clutch?
You need to bypass the Passlock II. Do a search on "555L" from Directed Electronis.
radkonn 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
The brake input +12 volts will shut down your remote start if it sees 12 volts, and it should start when no voltage is present. I'm not familiar with this alarm, but there has to be a neutral safety cut off and/or a hood pin cutoff. You need to hook up the neutral safety, since your car is a manual. Read your install instructions and find these wires.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
You should listen to Jworm and make sure ALL the safeties are hooked up. I looked at the install manual (not sure if it is your exact model) and it said that the error code of three light flashes is one of the two problems listed below.
1. Remote start not seeing RPM. (It says that if you have a manual transmission that the tach has to be hooked up)
2. Hood pin switch showing ground or basically it is open.
I have a remote start installed on a manual transmission as well, but I hooked up every possible safety I could. You never know when an accident will happen; that is why it is called an accident.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
You should listen to Jworm and make sure ALL the safeties are hooked up. I looked at the install manual (not sure if it is your exact model) and it said that the error code of three light flashes is one of the two problems listed below.
1. Remote start not seeing RPM. (It says that if you have a manual transmission that the tach has to be hooked up)
2. Hood pin switch showing ground or basically it is open. WHITE/ black wire in 20 pin harness
I have a remote start installed on a manual transmission as well, but I hooked up every possible safety I could. You never know when an accident will happen; that is why it is called an accident.
steiny83 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, the truck is a manual and the system is for a manual as well...Could someone please tell me the difference between a unit for an auto and a manual?  The instructions don't mention anything about specifics for a manual transmission setup.  Yes, the alarm is for manual transmissions, though.

I bypassed the clutch switch by hardwiring the switch wires to each other (probably not the best idea if I ever let someone else drive my truck and they start it in gear without the clutch down...maybe I'll change that around)

I certainly want to connect a safety to prevent it from remote starting in gear, but I have not found a neutral sensor on the truck yet.  I have a wire that says "Start (-)".  When I look at the install guide, it mentions that this wire is "not used." Is this to bypass my clutch switch?  My assumption is that it sends a - signal when it starts the truck.

Would the truck hotwire if I needed to bypass a lock? I know my key has nothing built into it, and I can hotwire the truck and make it turn over.  Plus, most of the manuals I look at do not mention a passlock system?? 

I don't see much reason in installing the hood pin, I don't have a problem being able to start the vehicle with the hood open.  If anyone sees a good reason for this I'm overlooking, please let me know...Just like you said about accidents, Radkonn

steiny83 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
I connected the tach input...Thank you so much for that tip, Radkonn!  I then ran through the RPM Learn procedure.  However, the truck now flashes 6 times when I try to start it...any idea what that code means??  Where did you find this diagnostic info?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
the code are usually list in the install manual, toward the back where the programming menus are listed.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
steiny83 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

Okay...I just checked out scytek's website ( www.scytek.net).  I was sent the wrong freaking manual!!!!!  This entire time I have been reading the manual for automatic transmission alarm!  The two are very similar, but there are some key differences!!!

I have fixed the 6-flash error (parking brake wire fault).  However, I am now getting a 7-flash error...The (correct) manual says "Start Cancelled". 

Anyone know what's going on????  Would the Passlock II (If I have that?!?)  cause the start sequence to cancel, or would it turn over and not stay running???

I appreciate your help sooooo much!  You guys have helped me maintain my sanity!!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic