icon

99 slk keyless entry during remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
velocity - i was thinking that too but that means i have to get into the door, right? if i do that, i have to 5-wire the motor wires right? is anything different with motor wires for a vacuum door lock system?
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
you won't be able to find wires on a vacuum door lock motor.....there's no motor. it's just an air tube connected to a mechanism leading to your lock pin and the actual lock itself. i have yet to work on this car, so my info may not be so accurate. here's some stuff you can try:
1. since you say that you've found the factory keyless module behind the instrument cluster, test the wires at that module to see if any of them are +12v with ignition "on". if yes, then what would happen if you were to cut it? does the keyless entry work then with the ignition on? if this solves the problem simply open up that wire with a relay to be triggered on during remote start.
2. while the ignition is on, do the pwr door locks work if you use the key itself in the door's keyhole? ie. does the other door and the trunk unlock? try this from both doors. if yes, you should be able to get the trigger wires that lead from the keyhole to trigger your pwr locks to work.
3. look for the vacuum pump. it's likely to be in the trunk. it's not unusual to be able to find wires on the pump itself to trigger it to push or pull. will it work with the ignition on? is there a wire leading into it that is +12v with ignition on?
btw. this is a bit off topic, but does your slk have the smart key....the one that's not really a key, just an infra-red thing (i thought most mercedes starting from around 98 had the smart key)? how did you make it remote start if it has the smart key?
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
jimmeez,
1. i'll check the keyless entry module for this wire you speak of that might exist.
2. while the car is in remote start mode, i am able to use the key in the keyhole to unlock the door. i understand what you are saying here and i need to find that wire that triggers the vaccuum pump regardless of the ignition status.
3. i've seen the mechanism in the trunk. is it a vacuum pump only for the doors or does it control the vert top also? i'll also look for the door lock/unlock wires here as well but i'd rather not run wires that far because it was kinda a pain in the ass to do this for the trunk pin.
off-topic: this 99 slk uses RF as opposed to infrared. i was able to bypass it by using the 556u
i just hope that if i remove the keysense wire that i connected, everything works. that's the easiest solution by far.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
first of all... this was a pain in the ass.
- the power unlock wire (WHITE/ green) located below the stereo controls the doorlocks during ignition but it does not control the door locks after the ignition has been turned off.
- therefore, you have to connect the unlock of the alarm to both the GREEN / WHITE wire under the stereo AND the blue wire @ the keyless entry module. this covers all possibilities of when you need to unlock the car.
- it was a pain because i assumed the WHITE/ green wire controlled power unlocks at all times. it works after you enter the car and before you start the car. it also works when the car is running. it ceases to work after the ignition is turned off. i didn't realize this until after i put everything back together.
- i found the blue wire in the kick panel that i metered and found that it corresponded with turning the key in the keyhole. however, this wire wouldn't let me unlock the door during ignition either.
- i could not find the door unlock wire in the trunk near the vaccuum pump.
- you gotta take the stereo out in order to access 2 screws that allow you to take off the front panel to access the back of the button.
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock       
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock
as you see lock arms the alarm that you have to do is sends a pulse to unlock to dissarm the alarm and then send an pulse to lock to relock the car or some alarms has a feature that after remote started it locks it self.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic