icon

How is Xtant?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ugmoe2000 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
I don't hear too many people talking about those Xtant X1044 or X1244's... I guess they're supposed to be pretty good subs. What's their application, sq, sql, spl? Does anybody have any input about these?
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
-Rockford Fosgate Punch 501x
-CDT EF-61CF Components
-CDT CL-6x Coaxials for Rear Fill
-Aura 1" tweets from the Mr. Component Series in the dash
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have never owned Xtant, but from what I've have heard they sound really good.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
ugmoe2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

Anybody know where I can score a good price on these things? I can't find them anywhere less than $179 (X1244). Are these things overpriced or is it just me?

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
-CDT EF-61CF Components
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
one of the best...and you'll never find one in that price range.lol
Look for PPI art series. Noted as the best SQ amps made.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Try http://www.mitekfactoryoutlet.com
Mitek is Xtant's parent company. They sometimes have nice deals on amplifiers and subs.
I bought my 2002T amp from that site as a refurb. It was a nice deal for a solid amplifier.
With a brand like Xtant you do pay some for the name. You pay some for the designer look. I think you get solid products in return, backed by a solid company.
I've heard one of their X1044 subwoofers. One benefit of that line of woofer is that they are built to play in very small boxes. i.e. with the 12 you can hit a qtc of .707 in a box under 1.25ft^3. This is nice. The 10" I heard was loaded in a .6ft^3 box. It sounded good. They are neither very efficient nor extraordinarily deep.
If you have a fixing to try one out, go for it. In the shopping process I'd check out some other quality woofers in that price range with the same design goals. Infinity's kappa perfect, Image Dynamics IDQ line, offerings from Arc audio, Adire's Koda line will compete in that space. They will all produce good sound quality in relatively small boxes.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Xtant is very good in general.  They are owned by Mitek Corporation who own MTX Audio, Coustic Car Audio, Atlas Sound, DCM Loudspeakers, Xtant Technologies, Streetwires, SWX, Musica, Esoteric Audio, Oaktron, Soundcraftsmen, Cricket and Magnum.   If you can get an X1244 for $179 that is less than 1/2 the normal price.
Support the12volt.com
ugmoe2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
i checked out that www.mintekfactoryoutlet.com site and they had the X1244's for $349 a piece!!! That's a bit outta my range,  I'll stick with the ones I found on E-bay for $179 a piece (w/o shipping). I think I'll def. have a unique setup seeing these will be glassed similar to the xtant porche /w the carbon fiber sheet and all but man I'm having a tough time trying to justify the cost of these two subs as a poor high-school senior. Well if I don't skimp on the subs, I'll skimp on the amp. and get a power acoustik or maybe a hifonics bx 1000. Those power acoustic plasma amps look madd hott maybe I could integrate that plasma part into the fiberglass portion for a cool effect.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
-CDT EF-61CF Components

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic