the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

For Adire fans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

lol, seriously, Steven Kephart...I don't think you have the call in whether this topic goes further or not....it's a discussion forum.  But you're a consumer, too, and you know that consumers make decisions about how they spend their money every day without knowing all the facts behind the companies they buy from.  And this is the important point:  consumers are not interested in the "best interest of the company".  They are concerned with their own self interests.  That fact will never change. 

Good luck with the upcoming line-up change...I've still got the idea in my head that Kodas would be I want in my doors.  But then, my attention span has grown L-O-N-G at my age.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:
I don't see any benifit in keeping this going any further.  So I will just make a few points and then let it die.  I work for Adire and know all the details about this move.  Our actions may not make sense to you, but you are seeing the situation without having all the facts.   To use a title of an album by one of my favorite bands; you guys have a microscopic view of a telescopic realm.  Just have faith that our decisions are in the best interest of the company.  And please don't chastize us when you don't know what's going on.  We did not get to where we are by making "big mistakes".  So maybe there are other reasons behind our decisions. For Adire fans - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

Let me be clear.  I'm not "chastising" you or your company.  If Adire and its dealers continue to get defensive when customers try to pass along their view and constructive feedback then my confidence in the company will actually drop.  

Also, my points have nothing to do with your business moves.  Your business moves "are what they are."  My points have to do with communication and attitude.  Changes that would take next to no effort regardless of your moves.  

It isn't smart to criticise the "microscopic" view of the customers.  Their view is, after all, something that matters. 

Hey.  I'm an Adire fan and thousands of dollars of Adire equipment has been bought because of my recommendations to friends, family, and those in the online world.  I'm trying to give you feedback based on what they've been asking me.  Which is, "what's going on with Adire?"

I am trying to help.  You don't have to agree with customer advice, but for the sake of your business, please don't disrespect it. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

OK.  Now that this discussion has come full circle back to why I posted the link in the first place: to try and help customers have some infomration about what's happening at Adire, I'll chime in.

Let me be clear: I have no connection to Adire other than as a customer.  I admire the company and Dan Wiggins.  I think Dan's designs border on genius.  I really love many of their products and consider them world-class (such as Extremis, Tumult, AV8, Daeva sub system, Kit281, XBL2) and think others are merely OK.  I admire their courage for taking the HUGE step (and for those of you who have never worked for a manufacturer, it is HUGE indeed) into high-volume production and for changing their business model for what, the third time in 15 years?  I hope they emerge as the larger, stronger company I think they can be.

I posted the link because I have been really annoyed by two things concerning Adire's lineup revamp.  First, as kfr01 and others stated, some of the attitudes expressed by some of the distributors are highly unprofessional.  As was already stated, this may indeed reflect badly on Adire, at least in the short run, and may scare some customers away.  But hey, if a dealer acts like an ass toward me I'll simply buy my drivers elsewhere.

Second, I think the impatient attitude expressed by some users and potential users is downright stupid, silly and immature.  Come on people, first of all it is just speakers you will not die without them and secondly, waiting for a few months or even a year simply means you might have to use something else in the meantime.  Chill out, it is not life and death.

Some people are acting as if Adire OWES them something, as if the pressure of not knowing every little detail combined with not understanding normal production delays is going to cause severe mental and emotional trauma or something.  Again, chill out it is only speakers, you will survive.  Customers or potential customers who move away from Adire simply because they can't get what they want when they want it are not serious customers.  They should go buy something else if they have money burning that big a hole in their pocket, they will be happier and have better lives (and hey, maybe they can get chrome flames while they're at it.)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.  I for one am looking forward with great anticipation to what Adire does and to auditioning some of the new lineup.  I hope they take as much time as they need and get everything right, and then launch a huge introductory push that will knock some of the poseur brands off their pedestals. 

I forsee a new Tumult-based sub system in my home theatre (matched to my Extremis towers) sometime in 2006...

Support the12volt.com
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

kfr01 wrote:
[QUOTE=Steven Kephart] Let me be clear.  I'm not "chastising" you or your company.   

That wasn't directed at you. For Adire fans - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image. 

And stevdart, I just meant that I wasn't going to continue this topic.  Sorry for not making that clear.  One of my worst subjects in school was Writing, as is probably pretty apparent.  I would have Aced recess though.  Anyone want to play on the monkey bars?

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

Amen to that!  I personally think this thread has gone to far, but it hasn't been blocked yet. so i guess it hasn't gone too far.

If eveyone will sit back and look at the big picture of the info that has been released, you do the math, you can hopefully figure out yourself that this small company has just stepped up to the major leagues and in fact should benefit the consumer by being able to produce more units which should result in a price drop and better availability.

I know what i want, and i want their products, im a serious consumer and will wait it out, shure i may have a slighty pieced together system for the time being, but once the product is available it will be christmas in summer.  One day it wont be available, then the next day SURPRISE its there ready for you to purchase.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

Steven Kephart wrote:
Anyone want to play on the monkey bars?

I do!  I'm also done with the topic, after probably beating it to death, like I have a tendency to do.  Sometimes I "get into" (carried away w/) making my point.  Hopefully this means I'm finally training for the right career.  I also hope there aren't any hard feelings as a result of my somewhat relentless need to make my point when I have one.  Steven, you've patiently taught me a bunch about the physical workings of drivers and I have nothing but respect for you.  I do wish Adire the best of luck and I will be one of the first ones to purchase a Koda 12" or 15".  :-)

Btw.  I just ordered the Kit61 and another pair of Extremis drivers.  With the spare kit I plan to rebuild my doors and make them some mean midbass drivers.  I can't wait to hear the Kit, the measurements Kevin (diycable) posted on Audiocircle look excellent. 

Cheers all

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

I also hope there aren't any hard feelings 

Definitely no hard feelings. 

kfr01 wrote:
Btw.  I just ordered the Kit61 and another pair of Extremis drivers.  With the spare kit I plan to rebuild my doors and make them some mean midbass drivers.  I can't wait to hear the Kit, the measurements Kevin (diycable) posted on Audiocircle look excellent. 

Cheers all

Please let me know what you think of those 61's when you get them done ( skephart@adireaudio.com).  I'm always interested in hearing unbiased feedback.  I'll have to check out those measurements you mentioned.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic