Optima/Hawker/Stinger, which one for me

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan:
Yea I got some pretty bad advice on the RedTop.. i was still learning about my power supply when I bought it on the advice of a local shop. <my distaste for my local JL dealer is *palpable*>
Running a pair of JL Amps the thing would cut out at EVERY stoplight... of course, as you say, the thing NEVER failed to start my car... except the very last time at AutoZone.
I beat the living hell out of the RedTop for 18-months... 12-months of which I had an 80-amp OEM alt. To have it NEVER fail me except at the AutoZone store when I stopped into get it checked is, I believe quite remarkable.
So far my 5-day old Yellow has proved to be a real champ.. but then again, my RedTop was a real winner for the first two weeks I had it... thats when it cut out the first time and it never could quite play the stereo the same after that..
BigTSetter:
I looked at those Odyssey batteries again, the PC1200 looks like it would be okay for your application. Just looking them over they look pretty fine for what you would want them for. Actually, outside of that Odyssey 1700 you mentioned earlier, I think the YellowTop has a high reserve capacity than any of those others.. and I seem to recall a higher reserve than most of the Stingers as well.... something like 120 minutes @ 35 amps before dropping under 10.5v ... off the top of my head that is, I can't find the review I read anywhere...
Again, I imagine any of these batteries would be excellent for your situation.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic