icon

Playing iPod w/o head unit/ Direct to amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeepxj306 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
So my head unit (Kenwood KDC 7007) recently died. I have an iPod and so I want to run it through my jeep's system. I thought that I could just run a miniplug-to-RCA cable from the headphone jack to the line-in on my amp (Kenwood KAC-524). The problem is that the amp is getting no power because of the damaged head unit and so I need to get power to the amp. Im guessing that I just need the power to bypass the head unit and go directly to the amp? Is that right? Does anyone have any suggestions or wiring diagrams for a 95 Jeep Wrangler? I am rather inexperienced with car audio, but I believe that I could follow some directions if provided. Thanks for your help in advance. My email address is jeepxj306@yahoo.com if needed.
deocder 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
The remote wire needs +12V to turn on the amp. You could just put a jumper between the +12V into the amp and the remote in. The problem with this is that the amp would always be on. You would have to install a switch to turn the amp on manually.
WTB: Black Leather Acura GSR seats
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  

Or you could run the remote turn on lead for your amplifier to your switched +12V,if you have an aftermarket harness, this will be the red wire, this will turn the amplifier on when the key is on.

While it will not be on when you turn the vehicle off, it will be on as long as the ignition is on, ipod or not.

95 Jeep Wrangler wiring diagram.

jeepxj306 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much. It worked perfectly!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic