icon

Clifford NightVision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Captanham is right. Using a meter, find out which wire at the light switch shows 12V with just parking lights. Connect this wire to the brown wire of the NightVision module. Unless it is different in the UK than the US, this should power all your outside lights and all your dash lights.

As for turning on the lights earlier than the nightvision module is capable of, such as a really foggy day, why not just use the car's existing switch?

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
I think that the 99 3 series needs a wire interrupted at the switch to operate the lights.  I know that e46s needed and if i am not mistaken so did some e36s.  if that is the case you definitely need a relay.  If the headlight switch has ribbon cable connected to it and not individual color wires you need to interrupt one of the wires.   Somebody else may have more details as I have never personally done one.
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
didn't we already figure out up there earlier that the wite wire can be used as an interupt for the headlights? like an 87a connection for the internal relay? or am i nuts? (i'm not sarcastic, haha, i'm not sure)
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
gloverk 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
OmarR - it doesnt seem to work like that on my car. The right and left sidelights (parking) have separate wires, the headlights have a single wire (which also does rear lights when powered) and the dash lights have another wire which goes to the dimmer module first.
I needed to power all of these indivudually, hence my relay setup.
Scirocco - no ribbon cable at the switch.
Captanham - I hear what your saying but I dont understand how to use the white wire given I need to power 4 wires in total. Wouldnt I need to use a number of relays anyway ?
I thought that my diagram got round the feedback problem as only one source of power is used at any time.
Sorry if I appear a bit thick here.....
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic