icon

Viper 791XV 508D warn away not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tuttz 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have just installed a new Viper 791xv alarm . Remote start , all door triggers , convenience features , and everything else on this alarm work flawlessly . I have the clear stinger double gaurd shock sensor on one multiplex imput and a 508d on the other seperate multiplexed input . I connected both the blue and green sensor wires to the single blue wires of each individual multiplex imput going to the brain just as I have done with past dei alarms . When I tap very light on the shock sensor sometimes I will get the warn away chirps and sometimes I wont , but the warn away light always comes on so I know its sending the warn away sinal to the alarm brain- the warn away chirps are just not sounding nor are the relay clicks in the brain . Same exact thing with the 508d motion sensor except I have never got any warn away chirps with it , but again , I know the warn away is working because the green light lights up when i move arnd it , and if i move alot the red light comes on and full alarm trigger sounds . I had previously installed a clifford rsx3.5 in my previous car with in the exact same configuration and sensors without a problem . This must be some sort of new problem with the new alarms . The sensitivity adjustments of both sensors are fine and I have the nuesance feature programed off . Many people must be haveing these same problems . Can someone help me out ?
larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
did you use the blue multiplex input on the main harness for the 508d.  try disconnecting the shock sensor and just try to get one sensor working first. is it in nusiency protection mode?
tuttz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
I used the loose blue multiplex input wire on the shock sensor plug that goes into the brain- just as per the instructions . I did have the shock hooked up first , days before ading the prox and it was doing the same exact thing before I put the 508d in . They are both on totally seperate multiplex imputs so they have nothing to do with each other anyway .
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
you should have hooked both green and blue wires of the 508d to the green pigtail in the shock sensor harness.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
tuttz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
The green wire at the shock plug just loops into the blue for the shock's own seperate multiplex imput . The installation manual sais this is exactly the way it should be done and to connect both the green and blue wires of the 508d directly to the loose blue wire on the other end of the shock's plug - "inputs shorter than.08 seconds will trigger the warn away and longer that .08 sec. full alarm - no diodes needed" WTF

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic