icon

2005 Toyota JBL adaptor?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BulletTooth 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I need your help again. Does anybody know who makes or where I can get a harness for the 2005 Toyota Tundra 4-door with JBL system? I need to install an aftermarket stereo into the car.
Also where is the factory amp located?
Thanx.
BulletTooth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  
After some research it seems that Toyota is now using a digital system which makes it hard if not impossible to interface with. Anybody know anything about that?
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
no the factory amp is DATABUS, put new amps and rewire. Happy installing  2005 Toyota JBL adaptor? - Last Post -- posted image.
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
BulletTooth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
That's what I heard but is there no company that makes an adaptor like the ones for the GM's BOSE system?
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
No companny makes anything, as far as I know. But as more and more cars are going to go that route, I am sure we will see interfaces, but as of now you got to charge those labor dollars. I am sure the interfaces won't be cheap iether. I had to rewire system on a Toyota 4Runne 04 with JBL, what a nightmare.
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
BulletTooth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a Toyota single plug 20-pin harness today, which has RCA's instead of speaker level inputs, basically to use the factory amp, do you guys think this will work with this JBL system?
Thanks.
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

where'd you get the part?  anyone find the amp yet??

i tried to catch the speaker wires in the kicks.  there's one set of wires for the midrange and the tweet (4 ohm), and one set for the midbass (2 ohm).  i tried a series connection with horrible results.  i believe that the crossovers all occur at the amp too. 

any other input people?

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
BulletTooth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
I ended up rewiring the truck. The factory amp is located behind the rear seat behind the panel, more to the driver's side, but the panel comes off as one piece anyways. As some of you have mentioned the amplifier uses DATA BUS to turn on as well as raise and lower the output levels so it had to be removed. Each front door has 3 speakers - tweeter, midrange and woofer. I wired the midranges and tweeters directly off of the aftermarket unit, using X-overs, as well as the rear door speakers. The woofers I ran from a separate aftermarket amp. The sound came out pretty good. This truck is not as bad once you know what to do, but I had to take it all parts to find the damn amp because no one knew it's location and it seems like no way it would fit where it fits.
If you have any more questions let me know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic