icon

Going Price

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uniquekennels 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Dyson, and actually oonikwhatevadaphuck and blue truck I have been doing this for a couple of years but the problem is that for the past couple of years and currently I am in Germany which I don't know anything about their pricing here and haven't been in the states for so long I don't know what the prices of materials and what not are going for there and here in Germany I have to buy stuff from German companies that are on the internet. And actually I don't have a hard time making money at all, but, most guys and gals that are in the military only want MDF boxes with plain carpet and what ever interior speakers they already have. Not too many people here looking to pimp their rides out or looking for just a nice clean install because the cost of shipping your car back to the states is ridiculous. Then the price to convert the car beck to U.S. Specs is $3,000 by itself. So you tell me would it be worth it to have a couple thousand dollars invested into a car whose blue book value isn't even as high as shipping it would be? Next time you guys might want to ask someone something before you assume stuff because like most of us know when you assume things you make an A.S.S. out of yourself. Thanks for giving me a couple comments though on my post. Going Price - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

-Jessie

Unique Audio

email: uniquekennels@hotmail.com

ncrxsi 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Huh?  Oh well Jessie, I'm not a pro at costing out work either, and now that we know you are in Germany, it would be rather difficult to compare the cost of a build in the states to what it may cost to build the same item in Germany with the availability of materials etc.

Although I would say, if you are basically doing it for friends or others on post just charge them for materials and whatever you think your time is worth that you've invested in the build.  Be it materials plus $100 or cost of materials and a case of beer usually works for me.  Going Price - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Dean
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
are you going to do the job 100% your self??
i mean everything from start to finish including the paint.
if you are painting it, make sure you figure in the cost of that, most of the body shops i have ever had paint stuff like that charge 500-1000 dollars depending on size, curves, and color graphics and paint brand.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Well thanks for clearing that up. As I said you are not a professional. You do not rely on this to feed yourself. I wasn't insulting you. I'm not a professional either, I have another job and do this stuff just for fun. I never said that you didn't know what you were doing, just that you weren't a professional.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
uniquekennels 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

Actually dog this IS what puts food on the table for me, my wife is the one in the military not me, and I'm making more money then she is putting in radio's then the Army is paying her.  I have no other job, this is me, and I make beats for a group on the side but that hasn't panned out yet. Yeah audiomechanic I will be doing the painting and all if he decides to go that way. If he does we will probablly be going toward House of Colors Kandy Marbelized Passion Fruit. I've got plenty of paint here so that I will charge him just a couple dollars over what I payed for it and shipping that I also paid. But this is the question I have for you guys, I don't know if it is here or if it is just these Army guys, but do you guys see this in the states= I have plenty of dudes that want to put some screens and playstations in there cars but don't want to put any actual Audio System into the vehicle. Now call me crazy but I truly don't see the point of it. But that's just me, and the customer is always right, well so be it.

-Jessie

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic