icon

Clutch Bypass 98 Prelude

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kickassio 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

The thing is that this alarm has the two wires already set up with a built in relay for starter disable so i have a wire that goes to the key side and one that goes to the starter side. THe starter kill is not a problem for me. if you want you can go here: http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/python/N564P_01-05.pdf to see a pdf version of the instalations manual

My only problem is with the clutch bypass, you said  "You have to hook the starter output of the remote start to the starter wire after the switch on the clutch. The wire runs from the ignition switch down to the switch on the clutch then to the starter. Very easy to do" .

1. BY that did you mean to use the starter disable wires after the clutch.(as in: the wire that goes to the key side to still go to the key side but after the clutch switch and the starter side wire will go to the other side of the wire that comes out of the clutch switch? is this correct) switch instead of the conventional method where it is done right under the steering wheel?

2.the weird thing is that my car has a different color clutch switch wire than the starter wire off the key. does that matter?

3.How do i know what side of the clutch switch to use?

Thank you i really apreciate your help moshpitmickey, i just wish i knew my stuff like you do someday i will.

kickassio 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

Can you explain that bobk, its a little confusing.

Thank you, i appreciate your help.

kickassio 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

so ground 85 and 86? therefore none of the wires will have 12 volt constant, right?

how can i differentiate the clutch switch from the cruise control switch?

Thank you bobk. this i understand.

topless98gt 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

I still don't understand and I'm taking an electronics course! We haven't gone over relays yet, grr!

In my car it seems that all I need to do is jump 2 wires together. Is there anyway that I can build something that will jump those 2 wires when a voltage is applied? I'm lame, I know.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic