icon

what kind of subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmanplyr23 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
ive got a pyramid 1600 watt amp and a vented enclosure w/ tweeters that will hold two 12'' subs. any suggestions? (less than $300)
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

Yup, for $300 i'll gladly throw that junk out for you.

In all honesty...thats stuff is junk, its too big for a paper weight, altho the box "w/tweeters" should burn pretty good.

What are your goals your trying to achieve?  From that we can give suggestions but $300 is a really really low starting point.  If you sell your amp and box to an ususpecting buyer like you obviously were you can probably come up with the cash to get your hands on a nice sub/amp set up.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Like Alpine Guy, I would suggest you ditch the amp and box for as much as you can get for it. Then buy some better quality equipment before throwing anymore money at something you will never be happy with.
The tweeters are in the subwoofer enclosure??? You would never even hear the tweets over two 12"s.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
i never understood why they made sub boxes with tweeters. thats like a full range 15 inch sub.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
i never understood why they made sub boxes with tweeters. thats like a full range 15 inch sub.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Why would their be tweeters on a sub box??? It doesnt get much more pointless than that. Pyramid is total garbage, I would ditch that amp asap!!!
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
For about $205, I was able to buy an Alpine Type E, Pioneer amp that does 250/360 RMS, all wiring, and build a nice box. If you can sell the amp and box, then add the $300 to that money, I think you could definitely build a great starter system.
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
If your in money troubles try going with just 1 12" sub and amp. have a sub box built for a single 12. remember to buy the 12 first and then get you box built to the specs of the sub. you can start out with an infinity percect for real cheap, a kicker vr comp, buy a decent cheap amp ( look on ebay for hifonics, profile actually puts out a nice cheap amp called california series. seems to be one of the best i have heard of  going on the cheap side of course.) shop around on line you can get a nice setup online for pretty cheap. try going to local car audio shops listen to some low line subs and some midrange subs. write down all info you can and then check online for the best prices.
chris305 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
 this is a great site for low prices on subwoofers and more. go to www.allcarstereo.com   buy the compvr kickers 2005 model 12in. there 84$ (each) +shipping. and either get a directed amp. or a orion amp. or a kicker amp with the comvr kickers recomemed a 1600watt amp or a 2000max watt amp. rms will be 500 to each sub and thats what is recomemed for those compvr kickers. if anything email me thuglife17us@yahoo.com
chris305 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
 this is a great site for low prices on subwoofers and more. go to www.allcarstereo.com   buy the compvr kickers 2005 model 12in. there 84$ (each) +shipping. and either get a directed amp. or a orion amp. or a kicker amp with the comvr kickers recomemed a 1600watt amp or a 2000max watt amp. rms will be 500 to each sub and thats what is recomemed for those compvr kickers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic