the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

APS-996a remote start/alarm, $425 installed?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
02 pimperado 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for all your help.... its gonna be $425 all together... where under the dash is a good tuck for the brain? this guy is certified named chris simmons in waco tx

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Yes grasshopper (I liked that OhioMike110), the question was not how much did you pay for a whole bunch of sh*t (good sh*t yes) but if it's a good deal to have it professionaly installed for $425...
Here in Fort Worth I got 2 quotes for an Autoage 750 installed for $620 +/-. When asked to sell the brain over the counter the turd quotes $300 +.. Guess their not to up on supply and demand. Most shops will cut it loose for 10% over cost knowing your going to go somewhere else if they don't try and make somethng.. (BTW ebay for $150)
02 pimperado:
watch out for the guys that start doing the scare tatics. I hate those places. "Well, all their going to have to do is short out your parking lights and the whole things blows!" "But we wire it different". Puds. You wouldn't buy a car from a guy saying your current car is a death trap right? Right..
ALSO.. Nothing will stop your car from being broken into. A garage with laser beams, guard dogs, and Steven Segal is a good start but even Segal has to eat and sleep.. The alarm is JUST THAT. An ALARM. To alert you to a break in. That's why Lo Jack isn't called an alarm, it's a vehicle recovery system. The majority of alarms all work the same with only cosmetic differences). Your weakest point in that truck is not that (or any) alarm unit but the battery wires. With the large amount of engine space getting in from below and cutting the (+) or (-) cables is not uncommon. Adding a battery backup siren could amount to $30-45 and would help. Unfortunetly it's usually the install that determines the level of protection and not the alarm (with exceptions).
Good luck and think about some sort of battry backup.
mando_la wrote:
       425 dollars! thats alot,, The laboar Charge is Way more the the actual cost of the Alarm,, I bought the FM-870 2-Way Car Alarms, Remote Car Starter with LCD Pager,, for 160 dolalrs,, And I, installed it Myself over the weekend,, and i have nerverd installed any type of alarm before,, it just takes some wirinng and electric skills and some research!!!!   I PAYED MY SELF 250$$ DOLALRS FOR INSTALLATIONS,  HEHEHHEHE!! and i will add the roll up model for windows and all this cool experiments and back up battery and!! All Kind Of sh*t!!
02 pimperado 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

yea its $425 total end all..... where is a good place to tuck the brain?

02 pimperado 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
 Yeap!    I got it and love it, i watched him put it in took about 3 quick hours, lots of just prep work  we stored the brain behind the ac vent on the driverside....  im looking to get another back up batt installed for $35.....                thanks for all your help...........!
dar1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
In my estimation it is a little steep but then again if the installation is A-one and trouble free then your peace of mind is priceless
one love
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

how come you need another back up battery?

02 pimperado 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
because of the room under the hood,  i need help!!!!!!!!!! how do i work this lcd monitor where do i go to get inst
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
need a back up battery for your sound system or for what?what is wrong with the lcd moniter?
02 pimperado 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
yea i dont know what ick is,     theres so much room on my truck if your layin down you could easly snip my batt wires and disable my alarm......... plus my batt gauge always goes when my alpines hit
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
ohio mike had a good point about warranty. make sure this guy stands behind the product warranty for you. i deal alot with the 996 model and the lcd remote goes bad alot, so be prepared to replace that remote sooner or later! and there not cheap if you have to purchase one at retail.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic