icon

No sound from speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rock1 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed the oem radio that came with the car and Im getting No sound from the speakers. Im getting power and I see the display on the radio. there is no pop or sound from the speaker what could be wrong?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  

Without knowing what car you have, or what was in there before, I don't know for sure.  Did you have sound before? 

It could be that the factory amp was bypassed (assuming you have one), and the wiring just needs to be spliced back together.  The oem radio/amp could be crapped out and in need of replacement.  You could try using a test speaker to see if the radio's putting out anything.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
rock1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
this is a 92 929 there was nothing in there before. had the car like that. I dont know if there was sound.
the car still has its harness there is no amp. looks like there was no slicing its just the oem harness.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
did you check if the car has the speakers??
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
rock1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
the speakers are there.
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem in my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 when I got it, however there were no speakers. lol. If I was in your situation t-tap into the proper wires and check with a test speaker, they very well could have disconnected the speakers in the doors and the deck and added some kicks, so make sure they are connected. But use the test speaker to figure out if that is the problem or not. If there is no amp, which their shouldn't be in that car, that is going to be the only solution, unless the HU has a bad internal amp. Might want to have it checked out as well, but the best place to start is just like GeepHerder said, use a test speaker, and just t-tap into the wires out of the factory harness, and run a wires to the speaker, if that works you just ruled out a few things, if it doesn't you ruled out other things. If nothing works and you have the HU tested out and it works fine, lol then that might be the reason you bought the car with no HU ha ha. But good luck!
Duke Duke

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic