the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

thickness of wood

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
the poly fill will not make a huge difference, but more important is the internal volume of the box, without a doubt. You might experiment with the poly fill as it is cheap.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Wait a second, your original post said you wanted a new box because your current box doesn't fit. Now you want to know how to make it "hit" more? Which one is it?
Also, poly fill will not make it "hit" more. Poly fill will increase extension and transient response slightly.
Decide what you want help with.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
silverado94 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe i didn't Explain myself to well . so excuse me for the 1st post . what i have is a sub box that is bigger and takes up half the rear seat in my ext cab truck . what want to do it is take the box out and seperate the sub's and put those in different encloser's so i can have room for passenger's in the rear . then i wanted to know if i can get more bass out of my sub's so they'll hit harder . since i'm running 2- 12's and pushing those with a 600 watt amp you figure they would hit harder . but they only put out 410 watt's .  but i'm not going to waste money on poly-fill if they don't hit harder . 
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well. No matter what step # 1 is to find:
a) how much space you want to get the subs down to; and
b) the specs of your subwoofer so you can decide how small you can make the box w/o it affecting the sound too much.
After you do all this you can worry about poly-fill. Forget it fow now.
Also, speakers don't put out watts. :-) The watt rating is just there as a guideline for how much power they'll handle.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

kfr01 brought up many good points as always. I'd like to add a few questions which may help to be the deciding factor in whatever route you take.

1. What is your main goal out of your system? (I'm guessing an SQL setup by the sounds of it.)

2. What types of music do you commonly listen to?

3. What vehicle will this be going in?

Always remember that mediocre equipment in a proper setup can sound better than high quality equipment in a horrid setup. Trust me on this one. Profile amps are actually pretty decent for the price. They may be considered lower line products, but they're fairly good on a budget. Answer the questions I gave you and we'll help you to get the best sound possible out of the equipment you have to use. That's what it's all about really.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
silverado94 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  

AudioBass12

What i'm trying to do is get these sub's to hit harder without buy more equipment . i'm on a very tight budget right now .

The music i mostly listen to is heavy metal and country .

This set up is already in my truck and it's a 94 silverado ext cab . i've got the box facing forward and the sub's are firing at the back of the front seat .

Here is the size of the box : 26" L x 1' FT D x 15" W

The box has a divider built in to keep the sub's away from each other . so i'm guessing the sub's are sitting in 1 cubic foot of space  

audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
If you're really wanting to get louder, Id suggest building a ported box to specs for either 1 or 2 of the subs you have. If you don't have enough room for 2 of them, one sub in the right enclosure could sound better than both in improper ported or sealed enclosures. Keep in mind ported enclosures generally don't sound as "tight" as sealed enclosure, but if you're lookin for loud then that's the way to go. Otherwise, just rebuild a sealed enclosure to specs and add polyfill.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic