shaved door, security

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mediashock 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

hey,

i am shaving my door handles and locks this week.. i was thinking to hide extra two wired to the battery in the bumper or something.. just in case my battery dies.. or something..  anyone got any suggestions ?

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
you need to do one of two things, either have a set of wires hooked up to the popper so that you can get to them even if the battery dies, then you would just hook up another battery to quickly pop the door then pop the hood, boast and be on your way. The more common and propbally smarter thing is to simply hid a manual release in a wheel well or something like that. On my bosses old car you could pull the wheel well back in the front and pull a cable that would manually open the door. Its wasnt easy to reach but that was the point.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
I kid you not! This weekend as me an a car-load of my friends were going out to dinner; we stopped to get gas. At the gas station was a honda civic hatchback with body kit and rims and two girls sitting inside both sharing an upset look on their faces. They were locked inside the car! lol Their battery must have died or came disconnected or something. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a while... However the girls didn't look all that great thats why I didn't go try to help them out. But if my friends weren't there needless to say I would have been happy to play "save-a-hoe".
Moral of the story... Leave linkages connected! Something worse than not being able to get in is not being able to get out.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
mediashock 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

will do.. do i need a kit.. or can i make the release line myself with just wire?

5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
I suggest just running wires from your actuator down to the tirewell like Ravendarat said that way you can just get a battery and pop your doors. The mechanical release is kinda tuff I think.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
Flatlandfreak 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

5150azn wrote:
I kid you not! This weekend as me an a car-load of my friends were going out to dinner; we stopped to get gas. At the gas station was a honda civic hatchback with body kit and rims and two girls sitting inside both sharing an upset look on their faces. They were locked inside the car! lol Their battery must have died or came disconnected or something. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a while... However the girls didn't look all that great thats why I didn't go try to help them out. But if my friends weren't there needless to say I would have been happy to play "save-a-hoe".
Moral of the story... Leave linkages connected! Something worse than not being able to get in is not being able to get out.

Why wouldnt it open from the inside??  Why would you everdisconnect the inside handle linkage??  Whats the point of having to pop your doors to get out too?!?!??

I Like Peanut Butter!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Ya that makes no sense to me, and the mechanical release can be a bitch depending on the car, the only bad thing with the actuator wires is that you need to find a battery to use them. Also why wouldnt you have helped the girls, just because they werent hot? Thats pretty damn low.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic