icon

Is the Hifonics Brutus 1500 any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Another thing. If we're talkin about real SQ you're talkin about low volume listening. Anyone who plays their stereo loudly would never be able to detect a difference  between amps in most circumstances. Anything past 120db really isn't "SQ" if we're talking real SQ competing.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
I love that article from Richard Clark.You guy's that are hooked on some big name amp just because you own one are as retarded as the Ford,Chevy,Dodge wars.You'll never change someone's mind with your bad mouthing another amp company to prop up yours.Sound quality is so close if you don't exceed the impedence.A lot of the difference is that some manufacter's bullsh*t their power ratings so bad.To be truthful there is a ton of good sounding amps out there.My feelings are to buy from a company that builds an amp that will honestly perfrom down to the limits printed on the owners manual and do it all day long.I have had Hifonics in our line up since 1992.I have at least 85% of those first amps still running W/O service.Yes they have gone through many cars and speakers.HiFonics has changed hands a few times and they offer some models that are not their best stuff,but the Brutus,XX,XI,X and VIII are still top notch product.Hell I love MTX,Rockford Fosgate,Phoenix Gold and Kicker amps.They break down like anybody else's amps when pushed too hard and I get paid to repair them.
BigDog
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, any amp will take a fall if you're beatin the hell out of it. Besides the poor build quality on amps like Boss/Pyramid/Pyle etc..one of the reasons so many of them break down is because the uneducated consumers buy them..and what's the first thing they do when their system is lacking bass? CRANK UP THAT GAIN BABY WOO!!
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
Your right Dave.Most customers think the gain control is the volume control and if it doesn't run at wide open we must have screwed them with a crappy amp.
BigDog
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic