Remote Programming, Boa 265

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joecarlislespad 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  

Alright fellas, I have a problem.

I'm using a cheap Boa 265 rms and keyless, I'm sure youve all seen or heard about these cheap suckers.  I can't get the dang remote to learn, and I've gone through all the tips on all the sites, and I'm still not getting a response.  I'm only using the unit as a keyless and door pop using the auxillary output.  I've got constant, ground, and ground to the keyless relay.......not that important.  Anyway it says turn ignition to on, and hold program 5 seconds.  Since I'm not using it for its intended use, I just ran 12v to the ignition and acc to simulate turing the key on.  I've done everything and this thing still won't program.......standing 10-15ft away, starting at 5ft and slowly moving backwards, changing the battery, everything.  Its suppose to lock/unlock to signal that it's learned, so I;m just listening for the relay to trip........nothing.  Does anybody have anything else, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks -JOe

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
I'M WITH YOU, I work where they sell them and we have five installer who could not figure out how to program the dang thing, and when we finally did, it did not want to program the tach sense.  Take that alarm back and get one that is worth the money.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
joecarlislespad 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
i paid 5 bucks for it, its worth that
bigdaddy96 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
the boa units only program the very first time they see ignition.  they will not program after the first ignition cycle unless you disconnect the constant power and start over
mainormoscoso 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
i had the same problem this is what i did: take apart the remote and put 2 batteries one on top of the other and then try i should work, this units are crap every time that you disconect the battery they have to learn the remote
boss46 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
stacking two batteries will do absolutely nothing.  follow my instructions and you should be fine.  if it continues to not program, call DEI and they will replace it for you.  what'd you expect for $39?!?!?!?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic