icon

Mb Quart Q Series

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering by show of hands; how many people out there swear by the Mb Quart Qs?
Mb Quart Q Series - Last Post -- posted image.
Sorry mine are already in my car
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know about swear by, but I do like the set I have quite a bit. Mine replaced an Orion Concept set that had a soft-dome tweeter, and I am still torn between the two.
04 MDX - Clarion DRZ9255 / MB Quart QAA4250 / MB Quart QSD216 / Orion Concept 97.2 / JL Audio 10w6v2
91 GMC Syclone - Delco tape deck
90 Syclone powered 2wd S10 (for sale) - Pyle CD / Fosgate 4x6
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
i have referrence series speakers...they sound amazing...very loud and clear...i can only imagine what the premium and Q series sound like (drools)
xTimx
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm running 2 sets of Quart QSD-216's off Zapco C2k-4.0. Are they the best thing out there? No! I auditioned Seas Lotus in a setup similar to mine and the Lotus blew them away.
JungleBadger 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

Just put my pce213's in yesterday. Although I'd replace them in a heart beat with some focal's. Still the MB's rock my socks off.

Boooooooom Chack Boooom Booooooom Chack
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

I have two sets of QSD-216, actually, one set and just the mid in the back for rear fill, I have a Zapco Reference 200 on each side running mixed mono, with a Zapco SP7 EQ. All run with symbalink cable.

I like them, but find they are fatigueing after a while of listening. They have a hot high end around 3000 hz, one of the drawbacks of a titanium dome tweeter, or any metal dome tweeter for that matter. I am currently in the process of swapping over to Morel, which have a more smooth response and feel more transparent, thanks to a silk dome tweeter.

I also find that the Quart's feel strained under high vocals, I was thinking of adding another midbass to relieve some of this from the beginning, but since have been persuaded into changing to the Morel's.

This is just a personal overview of them, I have heard them with the right equalization and they sound amazing, but in my case, its just more cost effective and easier to replace them

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic