icon

95 Cobra, Mach 460

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stangfan 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Hello to all.  I am going nuts with my Mach 460 in my 95 Cobra.  I have an Alpine CDA 9847 as my head unit.  I installed it using harnesses to integrate the factory amps and speakers.  Well, looks like my front amp didn't like the new setup and committed suicide.  Where do I go from here?  Can I bypass that amp?  Need advice
Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
yes ther amps can be bypassed.  either by using the basic black anf gray plugs behind the radio deep in the dash, or if that is not there you can just rereun speaker wire.
If you say "I already know how", don't ask me a single question.
stangfan 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Using the black and grey plugs  they are there soooo....how exactly do I do that?  With a bypass harness?  Or some other way? 

hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

stangfan

all you need is regular ford harness they grey plug will have your power which will be the same as the one you got with your first harness the black rectangular one has your speaker wires in it. I'm guessing the amped harness you got is square. the metra harness you need is 70-1770 I think? 

ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
im probably assuming you already got your stereo installed but ill say this anyway. you could have used the regular 2 rectangle ford harness. to the right of the radio you would have seen the black plug. thats all you needed to bypass the amp. all your speakers are in there. granted, i replaced all the speakers when i did this also so i dont know if everything would work as youd want it too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic