icon

Bandpass Box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
sell the sony subs. buy (1) good sub with a ported enclosure and it will beat the crap out of those sonys.
Samt18 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
ahh forreal?  i could very well sell them, and am gonna get some graduation money here pretty soon so i could get a pretty good 15".  but i still have a crappy amp
redchevy99 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  
Ya definately sell that garbage you have now and upgrade. Bandpass boxes are for cheap subs so they can sound like a real one. Sell your amp too and get a better one. And you dont need a 15" speaker to hit the lows. Try to find you a Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 and build a ported box with like 4 cubes of air space and you will be bumpin....but you would need at least a 800 watt amp. My buddy has a camaro and hes got a 500A2 pushin a Power HX2 12" in a type 3 Q-logic box and his system hits so hard its not even funny. But ya, get rid of the sony stuff and stay away from bandpass boxes.
Samt18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well i would love to do all that stuff if I had the money...I was just lookin at a bandpass box to be a cheap temporary fix until I can save up some money.
Izzum88 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
take advice from me, dont waste the $150 on trying to buy a better box for those subs. You are better off puttin that money aside, selling those subs for a decent price, waiting for the graduation money, and using all that to buy something better. I went cheap when i first bought subs and it ended up costing me more and more money trying to make the cheap stuff better. if i would have just taken all the money i kept spending being cheap and spent it all at once i would have a really nice sound system right now. I recently sold my subs and amp, bought an 8 inch woofer just to have a little extra bass and right now im saving all that money i got back from selling what i had to put it into a decent system in a new car.
Samt18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
yeh that sounds like a good idea.  i just wanna get somethin loud with decent SQ.  my midrange could definitely use an upgrade too, but that's not a priority right now.  I could make a couple thousand over the summer and use half of that to get somethin decent.  I'd like a couple 15s, but im not gonna hold my breath.  2 12's im sure would do just fine, but i gotta get a better amp.  the problem is, i got that third-row seat in the back that folds down so i just sit my subs on top of it.  ive got the amp mounted under one of the middle-row seats so it is out of the way, but if i got a better amp it would definitely be bigger and i'd have to mount it on the box probably.  then i would have to mess with disconnecting the amp every time i wanted to get the box out and take that third-row seat up
spyder340 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
sell the stuff, u did say a suv right? so for spl u got some air to move and interior space to fill, save some money and buy 2 decent 15's (soundstream vahn goh series about 119 bucks apeice and sound better than he2's or w3's) team that to a 7 cu.ft box with around a .70 port and a good amp (power acoustik 1200.2 buy em all day long for 129, and to all you haters they do the numbers and I can prove it) and you have some serious bump, should push to atleast 142 in a suv (did a expedition and thats what he did)
96 firechicken- kicker cvr 15's, spl 1600 watt, optima yellow top, 2.0 farad cap, sealed box and 146.8 db :)<---now upto 147.2 S2 meca class, going for 128 on a drive by :)
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
with no sq, no cargo area, and a trip to the warranty location regularly? Sounds very logical, irregardless of numbers.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic