icon

need new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Darin d. 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2005 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

hey people.Spent 3 hrs reading past posts last nite .Liked profesional attitude&advice. Heres my delema old system decided it want a new owner, not by my choice. Had pioneer 9400 head mtx sb6000 sub with rockford 501x and 200m with infinity comps and 6by9's. Still have infinities.repaced head with pioneer 960mp.but still need amps&sub.looked at mtx -mxs&mzs series or go with infinity .or other?10 or12 sealed or ported? Shop also reccomended mtx mxa4002 for sub and mxa4004 for other speakers or look at other amps?Idrive 99grand prix with leather if that has any bearing? I listen to all kinds of music from some country [don't laugh getting up ther in age] to punk[again don't laugh i'm not way up there yet].I'm looking for sound quality with ability to bump when I want to. Also would prefer only one sub only for the space side of it.any advice would be apprciated.

darin
Darin d. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

what gives? 2days no one has advice? I'm only wondering what peoples thoughts or exp.are on the mtx -mxa amps  and mtx -mxs or mxz subs are? Or  for same amount or alittle more $$ there are better choices. Maybe move up the mtx line,memphis? phoenix? infinity? Let me see some peoples opinions. So help the newbie.

Also noticed the mxa amps only have max 5v inputs, the deh960mp has 6.5v preouts wil this cause problems?

darin
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

I can't really help you with them MXA AMps but, I have alot of experience with the thunder series amps. And they rock.

What are you looking to get out of your sub system SQ or SPL?

If you want SQ with some good SPL then I suggest going with a MTX 801D mon block amp and either one or 2 12" Infinty Kappa perfect 12.1's in a 1 ft^3 sealed enclosure. As far as the 4 channel amp go with the MXA for price, it should suffice just fine.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Normally I would be glad to help you out. I just came off pulling an all nighter to get a Expedition finished. From your posts I can see that you are a FS shopper. Where in Canada are you? Are you open to some serious advice and when are you looking at progressing with this venture. Darin, if you are after some good advice, send me a e-mail or MSN me to forbidden@telus.net If I am around I will be more than happy to help you out. As of late when the shop is busy as it has been, I and many other like me do not have a chance to post and help people out, not that we do not want to, we have to look after the person who is right in front of us or make sure the employees know what they are doing with the next vehicle.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Darin d. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the input guys. Was it that easy to tell I was at fs?Haven't made my mind up where I,m going to spend yet that why i'm posting.By the way I'm in Ottawa. About the input , output thing is it a issue on any amp I get?Forbidden I will email you when i figure out how. Also somewhat computer illiterate.

darin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic