icon

Polk with a new line?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nismo350z 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

I was looking at Polk's website today and noticed they have a new component system SR6500 that is going to retail for a good amount of money. I do not understand though why they still went with the polypropylene cone? I also dont see what is so great about these speakers that make them so much more than the MOMO series? Just wanted some clarification and opinon on how these compare (statistically) to MB Quart, BA, Infinity and such. What are some of the new good technologies in these bad boys?

http://www.polkaudio.com/car/product.php?name=sr6500

Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Polk's line of car audio is in a different class than the other speakers you listed. To Polk, car audio is like an after thought. You can get better stuff for your money.
Paul
nismo350z 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

Francious70 wrote:
Polk's line of car audio is in a different class than the other speakers you listed. To Polk, car audio is like an after thought. You can get better stuff for your money.
Paul

I dont know they used their tweeter that is in their high end LSi Home system in this the "ring radiator tweeter" possibly polk is stepping up to the plate.

Francious70 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe, don't know why though. Aftermarket car audio is starting to slowly die.
Paul
mrmsudawgs 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
I'll have to disagree with you on this. Polk makes an excellent line of car audio and home audio equipment. I've owned just about all the brands at one time or another in my life and I will stand tall and say that my current Polk Install is the best sounding/peforming installation I have had. Are there better - sure but everyone has their own opinion as to what is considered better. I beleive that Polk's MOMO series are very, very good components and can bump with the best on the market. IMO.
Mike
2000 F150 Supercab Lariat, Alpine CDA-9831, Polk MMC570 in Doors, One Polk MM2104 Sub, One Polk Carbon C400.4 Amp.
John 3:16
Francious70 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not saying that Polk isn't any good. Hell, I have a set of R50's in my living room and I love them. I'm just stating that to Polk, car audio isn't a priority. Unless you can get a good deal, for the money you can get better performing equipt.
Paul

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic