icon

Painting interior

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uchm12 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
I am attempting to paint some of the pieces of interior in my car(all plastic) but after the paint goes on, there is some bubbling.  The paint is suppose to not need priming so i didnt do that, but its not coming out right, any suggestions????
kmitchel 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
You may need plastic primer.  Primer formulated for getting paint to stick to plastic.
uchm12 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
so do i need to sand all the paint i already sprayed on there off, then spray the primer, or will it work if i spray the primer ontop of the paint then just paint over that??? also, whats the best kind of spray paint to use for this application???
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
I have always used Dupli-color paint and filler primer. Both of those can be purchased at Advance auto, autozone, o'reillys...etc. You are gonna need to sand it all smooth again...working your way to a finer grit sandpaper. What you should try is a brand of paint called "Krylon Fusion" they have it at the places listed above for about the same price. It is specially made to adhere to plastic as well as shie without a clear coat...I would try that one.
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
go to this...it'll help you ALOT!
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204083
xTimx
d_arnold 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
This thread can help you. If you read the whole thing you will learn more then you ever wanted to about paint.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=54785&tpn=1
dfaulkner 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

I painted all the parts of my interior in my wagon. I first cleaned every piece with alcohol, to get rid of any protectants and oils. I then sanded down the parts I wanted smooth and washed thouroughly with soap and water and let dry completely. I sprayed it with a filler primer first, let that dry overnight, wetsanded the next night, washed again, let dry. Then applied my Krylon Fusion paint, let that dry overnight, then applied clear and let that dry overnight. Came out perfect.

Painting interior - Last Post -- posted image.

Painting interior - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic