icon

Avic-d1, vss wire 05 mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
281sc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 05 mustang saleen 281 sc that I am installing a pioneer avic-d1 with an xm accessory, an ipod accessory and a back up camera. Can anyone help me with wiring location info in the mustang including but not limited to the vss and others?

thank you in advance

spanky192 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

there is a link to a website that tells you were to find the vss wire on many cars.  if you look under the cruise control column you will see "VSS and Tach Information."  I went ahead and looked it up for you. its the WHITE/ orange wire on pin 68 of the ecu. exact same as my 04 mach! =).  all the other wires can be tapped into at the locations the install manual specifies

ps.  you might be a bit disappointed with the ipod adapter with the d1. it seems that it is not as full featured as it is on the n1/n2

2004 Mach 1 Mustang
Pioneer Avic-D1
281sc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
THANKS, I appreciate the help!
swieduwi 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  

Do you have this Link? I would like to have this website in my Favorites....

Please

rmtoberman 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think this is correct. I have an '05 GT and there are around 5 connectors to the PCM and none of them have 64 pins. I have been struggling with this problem for a while. I hooked the VSS to the left rear tire speed wire and it works most of the time, but at least once during every trip it stops working. I have the kenwood KNA-4100 with the double din kenwood head unit. Also, there is no light dimmer in the metra harness. According to Metra, this is fed to the factory stereo as a signal instead of a on/off setup. I also have a backup camera installed were my trunk key went. I bought it off of ebay for $60. It fits perfectly. I also have Sirius and a visor monitor. Pictures of my install are at www.corral.net.
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

It actually works better on my D1 than it did on my N2.  Faster reaction and same amount of text.  You might be confusing it with the 5700DVD which gives you full screen and multiple lines of text

ps.  you might be a bit disappointed with the ipod adapter with the d1. it seems that it is not as full featured as it is on the n1/n2

[/QUOTE]
swieduwi 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
The VSS is located at the PCM, from the front of the car, remove the cap on the top plug. You want the blue wire with the yellow tracer. It is on the left side of the top plug in the third space from the bottom.
Technically it is no longer VSS because the PCM reads the OSS and makes up its own VSS inside of the PCM, so its electronic. You can read it with a scan tool and bring up the VSS pid. Tap in to this wire for your "VSS" signal for navigation systems.
[image]http://www.wieduwilt.us/CARS/VSS%20Wire%201.jpg[/image]
As for the backup lights, just tap in to a +voltage wire to a backup light in the trunk.
swieduwi 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
The VSS is located at the PCM, from the front of the car, remove the cap on the top plug. You want the blue wire with the yellow tracer. It is on the left side of the top plug in the third space from the bottom.
Technically it is no longer VSS because the PCM reads the OSS and makes up its own VSS inside of the PCM, so its electronic. You can read it with a scan tool and bring up the VSS pid. Tap in to this wire for your "VSS" signal for navigation systems.
Avic-d1, vss wire 05 mustang - Last Post -- posted image.
As for the backup lights, just tap in to a +voltage wire to a backup light in the trunk.
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
I think this is OSS, not a VSS. I use pulse genarator when picking up OSS. Does anyone try to install ALPINE or ECRIPSE Navigation system on this vehicle? If so, OSS picking up is right way...
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

Ooops, Big mistake. not pulse genarator, it is Analog to Digital Interface. As Mustang 2005, they use CAN-BUS. Picking up VSS from this vehicle is: Use interface if you will pick up OSS signals. Hooking up OSS w/o interface may cause troubles of PCM, transmission.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic