icon

electrical problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randy_11 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

wut's up guys, i have a toyota pick up. i hooked up a new system and the sound is great. sony player, pioneer 6x9's and a 10 inch RE powered by a lighting audio amp. ( don't buy those amps, they're not as good. i plan on selling it later) anyways, the sound is great. it's a small space in the truck so that RE really pounds.

my problem started after i got the goodies installed. when i step on my breaks, the parking lights in the front turn on at the same time the brake lights do. this never happened before and friends of mine that have the same truck said they never heard of this problem. can anyone help me solve this? my clock and cigarette lighter weren't working until i figured the fuse was blown, so i got that working.

it's very strange, during the day when i step on my breaks the lights in the front turn on(parking lights) any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance to any help

randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
oh and another problem is that the Emergency brake light is always on. the one located in the spedometer. and the emrgency brake is released all the way.
zezebiah 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
If it is a newer vehicle try unplugging the battery for 10 minutes or so.. it will reset the computer in most cars, and occasionally fix that problem... it did for me.
randy_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
naw, it's not a newer vehicle, its a 1993.
mikew04 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

If you dont get the brake light to go off after you get everything fixed, check your brake fluid. For most cars the brake light on the dash comes on when the parking brake is up, or if brake fluid is low.

6th gen Celica | Alpine CDA-9827 | Pioneer GMX962 | CDT CL components | JBL 600.1 | Infinity Reference 12
shkeel 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

I had a problem in my girls car similar to this, when I would step on the brakes it would turn on the interior lights and the parking lights.  My girls dad told me it was my fault cuz i had just installed a system in the car, and told me to remove it.  So I did.  Come to find out a few days later he had changed a brake light and instead of putting in a regular brake light with 2 contacts he put in a light with only one.  Somehow it sent power back through the system and turned all the lights on when u step on the brake.  So u might want to check ur lights if u have fixed anything lately.  And of course the POS vehicle had to be a toyota.  Never seen any other problem like that on any other vehicle.  Hope it helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic