the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Sealed Enclosure?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Dude... why'd you ask me first? Sealed Enclosure? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. I told you the vented box is the way to go... I might be a little offended. NOT! Anyway, the sealed box is NOT the way to go with this woofer if you want output. You HAVE to go with the vented enclosure. A sealed box (1 cubic foot - NET!!!) will allow excellent extension, and still give you good output, but it is certainly not the output monster it sounds like you are looking for. Your amp choice is perfect for those woofers, also. Let me plug the numbers into JBL (I already have the woofer in the database) and give you an idea of where to go for output. 32Hz is probably a good place to start fro tuning it, but I'll plug in some different tuning numbers for you as well.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kd7nfr 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks man. I can't believe someone knows where I live!!! I didn't even think of Jensen's... They'll have the best price. Poky would be much cheaper than True Value though. But I'm sure Jensen's is probably pretty good on pricing.
I have 33" wide, 15" high, and 35" deep to work with here. I was thinking 3-4 cubic feet. Thanks for all the help guys!
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Also, I want it to sound decent across the normal subwoofer frequencies... I want a little SQ, I'm not in competition... yet.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
3 cubic feet, (each) tuned to 32Hz oughta beat the shiite right out of you! JBL speakershop is saying about 6dB hot at 43 to 44 Hz, out of car, and upwards of 12 in the car at the same frequency. Better too much, than not enough, AFAIAC... Easier to EQ it out than add it back in!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
LOL! That's INSANE!!! I'll have to play around and see what dimensions I can finger out here. My rap will be louder than shhh! Heh. Can't wait...
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Wat the hell? I typed in shhh and it put shhh...
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Arg.
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
It's called a filter...no need to say something that really doesn't need to be said on a forum...have fun with the box building.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.