the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 dodge ram 2500 alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
tanker300 wrote:
Do I go above the remote start wire or both below. If the alarm is set and you remote start how would it work?
Connect the remote start STARTER output wire to the starter motor side of the cut wire or pin 30.
2003 dodge ram 2500 alarm/remote start - Page 6 - Last Post -- posted image.
tanker300 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

I am wondering what the heck is going on. I drive a little ways and you can hear the door locks trying to lock. It happend when I am coming off a red light or stop sign and as soon as I give it gas you can hear the locks. How can you make this not happen. It seems like it is picking up voltage and when it hits a certain speed they try to lock

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
a lot of newer cars do this, what you are hearing is probly the relays. how to get around it i dont know.
tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
No, the relays are down under dash, the locks just lock, I unlock them to see and they will lock.
infoaudio01 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

Check your ignition wire.  If an ignition wire is improperly connected, then your alarm would disconnect/reconnect with voltage which in turn can cause your locks to lock and unlock.  Also if the polarity on your lock wires are negative switching then they may be pinched or grounding out.

tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  

I checked connections, and they are tight. It has something to do with voltage I am thinking this because when you hit throttle from a dead stop you can hear the locks

tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
I come up to a light and stop, then I hit the gas and you can hear the locks lock. They are already locked but they just make the lock sound like it is locking again.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
this has nothing to do with your connections, ALL jeeps, dodge, etc do this. soem cars you can trun them off, if you have the display to do so. but i do here the clicking also on all the cars. i work at stuart jeep, VW , and mitibishi.
When i go back i found out what it is, that is if i rememebr to ask. but since it happens on all the cars, it wotn harm your car.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Sooo, you actually got a tach signal at an injector on a Dodge Cummins Diesel???? Cool. Impossible, but cool nonetheless. The unit injectors are under the valve cover, with not a lot of usable wiring available to tap into.
Tach is on the PCM over on the passenger's side of the firewall. You can also get it at the harness that comes along the top of the firewall. If you have the PCM there on the passenger's side of the firewall. It will be BLACK/ grey. If you are highly unlucky to have the newer "quiet" Cummins under the hood, tach sucks to get at. There is a PCM bolted to the side of the motor, just above the oilpan. Tach is on the middle plug, blue/grey, pin 56 or so. Cam position sensor. Rumor has it, it is also available somewhere on the top of the motor, but I haven't ever been able to find the sensor.
If it's a gasser, then yes, you can snag an injector or coilpack, but I'm pretty sure you mentioned that it's a diesel.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic