icon

remote amp turn on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drewP 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
situation=have multiple amps powering various spkrs,i want to put a on/off switch in line of the remote sense turn on for just one of the amps. to turn off/on that particular amp and spkrs at any given time(while system is on).
question=will turning off/on the amp while the system is running cause a "pop"? if so is there a cure?
thank you anyone for any help!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
If your amp is of decent quality, there should be no pops during turn on or turn off. Is there any pop right now? If no, then there SHOULDN'T be any later...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jussam 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  

the answer is yes ,when with the kids i just play my 4ch amps when crusing alone i click the switch and subs go on

2-alpine amp mrv-f545 4ch amp
polk audio 6 1/2 frontdoor w/alpine center speaker
polk audio 6 1/2 rear w/8"polk sub
2-12" alpine X type sub
2-alpine mdr-1005 amps
djdirtysouf 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

i would say puttin a switch is kinda bad thats why they make the remote turn on on a HU but ive also done wat u hav done before it all depends on the amp size and the wire and get the right kind of switch for that type of amperage and wire .. i had a red turn on switch with an  10 gauge runnin to it pushin 800 watts and it melted so i stopped puttin switches on my amps thats jus my opinon

Rockford Fosgate
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
putting toggles on the remote wires wont hurt. it would be better to get a deck with sub-output on it.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
best thing to do is get a H/U with sub control so you can turn your subs on and off if its your sub amp that you are trying to turn on and off
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
drewP 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
thanks all- i'll give it a try.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic