Finaly painted fiberglass box, cut+buff

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
One_Dieu 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

Nodestiny

First off I would like to say that is a real nice job on the sub box.  What is it going in to?  I noticed that the bottom is missing.  Are you still doing work to the inside of the box?

Man for a spray can that is off the wall.  I’m trying to decide weather or not to use a spray can on my projects.  I have a spray gun but don’t have the know how to use it.  What steps did you use when using the rattle can?   I have about five projects all primed and ready to go just need to get them painted.  Also what is orange peel?  What do you do when you get it? 

Respect the Blood Line
One_Dieu 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry for the jacked up post

What l ment to say is that I like the sub box and what you did with a rattle can.  What is it going into? How long did it take to paint with a rattle can? I have about five projects that I have all primed and ready to go but don't know how to paint with a can or gun.  What are the proper steps when painting with a rattle can?  What is orange peel? How do you get rid of it. 

Respect the Blood Line
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  

abovestock wrote:
The reason most cars have lots of orange peel kno is because it is not a base/clear system, it is a paint that is called urethane enamel. This paint is sprayed on then it sets up, clear and base all in one. Also by the way sweet job and nice pics, but why is the bottom of the box missing?

the urathane enamel is definately more noticeable...but even the most of the clearcoated jobs have it, usually its not as noticeable after a good detail.  I Did do a car in acrylic enamel and it had a fair bit of orange peel which sorta disgusted me as it was my job...but I wetsanded it with 1000 and then 1500 and did a complete cut polish to glaze and it came out beautiful...except for the hood, but i think thats cause i didnt spend enough time on it.

Nodestiny 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
If you want info on how to do a subbox like mine, goto my sounddomain page for a HOW TO im writing up...
www.sounddomain.com/id/nodestiny
04 dodge neon SXT
(2) Oz Audio Matrix Elite 12"s sealed in 4 cube fiberglass enclosure, powered by HiFonics BX1605D
Oz Audio Matrix 180cs 6.5" component set power by HiFonics ZX4000
noodles2076 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

v-TECH wrote:
Hey Nodestiny, nice job on the custom subs box.. can you give me some advice on how did you do it? The problem i'm having is spraying on the clear coat.. How many cans of clear coat did you have to use? And how did you make the clear coat spread out so evenly? I tried to put a clear coat on for my custom subs too but it turn out horrible. The clear coat was not distribute evenly and some part were more glossier than others. Could you give me some advice when putting clear coat on? THanks.

if you heat up the cans a bit in some warm to hot watter the paint deffinanty comes out more evenly

If it moves i can rice it.
maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
insanely good for rattle can. i HAD to use rattle on my engine paint for my 69... i'm glad i won't for my other projects. father just wouldn't let me send that high temp crap through his gun. *sigh*
~~Vinn
Woot. Airbrushing? i can do that...
http://www.ctdg.org/dan/poetry/art/air/aires.htm
skitty4fingers 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
abovestock wrote:
The reason most cars have lots of orange peel kno is because it is not a base/clear system, it is a paint that is called urethane enamel. This paint is sprayed on then it sets up, clear and base all in one. Also by the way sweet job and nice pics, but why is the bottom of the box missing?
what about the bottom of your box???
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic