icon

Install side jobs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
giff 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
I work in construction ( I'm a residential building superintendent) Everyone in the trades does side jobs (I still do a few now and then) I'm just wondering if any of the professional alarm/sound installers do side jobs...(Yaeh I'm a cheap basterd, but I just wanna save some money by doing the grunt work (removing the seats, door panels etc, and letting someone who knows what they're doin install the wiring.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
i do side jobs all the time even know i work 6 days a weed over 54 hours a week i do do side jobs after work and on sundays , shIIIIIIIT if i have to hook up a drop light to an ac dc converter i will man i even installed a remote start dei 551r last night at 10 pm till 10 45 or so.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
Oc768 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  

Im a network geek in the m-f 8-5 world, but after that comes the "side job" territory.  But no, technically its not my f/t trade that im doing sidejobs on.

You need someone to hook up wiring? where you at? ;)

DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2002 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

Dude...

Almost every installer takes side jobs, unless they own their own store..( but that would be a conflict of interest there )...I work 10-7 m-f and 12-6 sat.  at this one shop...The pay sucks ( $9/hr + 10% of the labor )...The kicker is they classify me as a contractor so I pay all my own taxes and social security..so every two weeks my pay check might be fore $450 if I'm lucky....So here comes the side jobs...( oh yeah, at this shop, if you get caught doing side jobs, you're fired...taking away business..pretty anal for a mon and pop shop huh? ) I'd say in side jobs...I make about $3,500 a month, so basically "my job" is to supplement my income...hehehe..

The manager/owner is so bright, he can't figure out how I know all the distirbutors and delivery drivers in the area...hmmmmmm.........could it be I'm a licensed business and reseller..So yeah I'm taking his business...and true his other installers do the same thing ( they to have their licenses )...But hell...he sells Pro-Audio Equipment and Home Theater gear more than car audio...and it's not like I advertise...I'm strictly by word of mouth, and they call me....so I can sleep at night...

Word of advice to Tight-wad managers and store owners.....Treat your installers well, and they treat you well....Treat us like crap, and we won't kick your butt, get in your face....we will simply take all of your business and hurt you were it hurts the most..the wallet....

Well even though it's Thanksgiving ( BTW: Happy Turkey Day All!!! ) I still gotta do a remote start..and it's bloody cold out there....

so be safe all

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic