icon

speaker arrangement?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

2004 chevy silverado ex cab.  Front door, Memphis MClass 6.5 component and in rear door, Memphis MultiSync components 5 1/4.  I just purchased a set of kick panels and would like to put the 5 1/4's in the kick panel.  Would I still need to put something in the rear door to keep the staging correct??  Maybe just a regular 4x6??  Or should I have all the mids and highs from the front and subs from the rear.  I have 2 Memphis M3's 12" subs under the rear seat with a Memphis 1000d pushing them.  BTW, a Memphis 75x4 Mclass amp is pushing the components.

I guess what I am asking is if I take my 5 1/4's out of my rear door and put them in the kick, I will have no speakers in the rear door.  Will this affect staging, and do I need to put something in the rear door.  Also, if I need something in the rear door, how will I wire the speakers into the amp.  If I tie two sets together, won't it affect the ohm's??  Could I run the rear 4x6 (if I put them in) off my deck (Alpine IVA-D300)??

Thanks

davedyer79
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Wait, are you thinking about putting the 5.25in components in the door along with the 6.5in components?
If so, may I ask why?
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

No, I have the 6.5's in the stock location in the door, and I just picked up some kick panels for my truck to put the 5 1/4's in.  So I will have 6.5 in the door and 5 1/4 in the kick panel.  Should I put some speakers in my rear door to replace the 5 1/4's or just leave them out.  Do you thing the two components up front will give me plenty of sound??

Thanks for the reply

davedyer79
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
The two sets of components up front are one set too many, Dave.  It doesn't matter about the rear...the front staging is what you want to achieve.  You would have competing component sets playing like frequencies from two locations on each side, so you will have a hell of a time trying to get it to sound right.  Choose how you want to go and use just one set per side, IMO.  The rear remains a non-issue.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
i was gonna do something similair, i was considering putting 2 6/2's in each front door.  Then decided to use component sets, since the speaker size would be the same, shouldnt that be ok, i can understand somewhat if they were different sizes or played at different frequencies.  here is something similiar to what i was wanting to do, i am fiberglassing the doors, and this car is the same car, just really modded up.  i will probably do a little different with the tweeters. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/259806
would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic