icon

Proximity card and tapper.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone had any experience with proximity card add on for alarm.  It is like the new Mercs and Lexus system when you walk to the car and you have the card in your wallet it unlocks the car.  I found this online once for $100 but can't find it anymore.

The "tapper" is an add-on system (I think they built it based on a shock sensor).  You lock the car or the remote dies you just tap a code on the window and it opens the car.  I guess it is set on low sensitivity so you can tap the code even if you got the stereo blasting inside.  Found this one too for $60 but can't find it again.

Please post links you have them.

(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
TapLock Had this as a backup on a truck with shaved handles. It is not very easy to use and you may find yourself tapping for 10-15 minutes, but it may still save you from a worst case scenario.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
thanks - that was the company I was looking for.  I guess I'll just stick with tried and true bicycle brake cable mod (I think autoloc makes a kit for shaved door handles) trick.
(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
I've had a taplock siiting in my garage for well over a year now. I bought it to install on my Cutlass because I have shaved doorlocks. I still have yet to install it, maybe I might not now. I've been considering a cable release like seen here. That way, I can still gain entry whether I lose my remote, or if its a dead battery.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic