icon

2000 S10, Amp Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
so a 10 foot ground will have less resistance than a 10 inch ground?
ss-installer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
do the BIG 3 upgrade and everything will be OK.
stagger 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hi SS-Installer, what is the big 3 upgrade?

ss-installer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
upgrade all the wireing from the battery . batt to alt, batt to ground, alt to ground.
stagger 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

Ok thanks, Yeah I may opt to upgrade all of my wiring, especially that puny wire from the chassis ground to the Neg Batt terminal.

This is why I was thinking of going directly to the battery ground in the first place

Thanks for all your help

dc60531 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
stagger wrote:

I was also told to go under the truck and up trhu the floor where my AMP Rack will be behind the seats, any thoughts on this????

why go under the truck when the rubber groument is right at the battery. maybe 2 foot of power is uder the hood

stagger 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
After I get thru the firewall there is no place to run and hide the 4ga wire.  The channels on the edge of the door do not offer much depth, and under the carpet will cause a noticable lump to be seen
fritoman11 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 2000 sonoma and i have 2 4 awg power wires goin to my cap in the back, i ran them though the passanger fenderwell into the passanger side door wiring boot, theres 2 concens there im sure ppl are going to say 1 is water getting into the hole in the rubber boot and into the car
(i havent had a problem with that) and second would be the opening and closing of the door moving the 4 awg wires, i used monster cable and the insulation on both are fine after over a year of being installed so no problems there
there realy is nowhere on the firewall to safely drill a hole large enough on these trucks to run 4 awg though
i have 2 4 awg to the cap and from the cap to gnd 0 awg and 0 awg from the cap to my MTX 8100D amp works great, never though of upgrading the battery gnd or the alternator power and gnd i think ill have to try that
i currently am able to drop the voltage in my system down to 11.5-12V but my battery is on its last leg due to my powerfull system (time for a yellow top a well)
2000 ext cab Sonoma Panasonic 7500U flip out, Alpine ERE-G180 EQ, MTX 81000D, 2 15" JL W3v2's in a 7 cuft ported box, all infinity kappa highs powered by RF 800.4 & a DEI 2 channel
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic