Compustar or Clifford?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Either, i'm lookin for the best deal.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
bump
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
bump it up
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
Either, i'm lookin for the best deal.

if your considering compustar, you should also consider its main compeition. the viper 791XV. i just installed it in my 4runner. ive had 2 cliffords and an old alpine alarm (back in the day). this is the best alarm ive ever owned. my friend just put a compustar in his Z71 tahoe. its almost the same as the 791XV. i think both are good. although, after  about 2 months his LCD remote fell apart. he has had a few other problems too, and is taking it back to the shop and paying them to remove it and install a viper 791XV (he likes mine).

like i said though, they are pretty even on features and are both nice alarms. i do not know much about the new G5 though. i had an older intelliguard 900IQ a few years back. i used to install at a shop, and the cliffords are not as "install" friendly as the vipers. so i like the viper for that reason. also ive had a few clifford "blow" on me when installing, as they are much more sensitive to voltage change. thats never happened to me with viper. also had some customers bring some back after they had their car jumped or after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, and it had blown the brain. had to send it back to clifford.

that being said, clifford still makes nice stuff.

ive never installed compustar though, so i can comment on the installation end of them.

basically, the 3 alarms are all top of the line stuff. you will love any of them. go with the one that you get the best deal on, or the one you think has the coolest looking remote, cause they are all great alarms :)

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Still, i'm lookin for the best deal ya know? Which is best for each dollar it costs.Cheaper doesn't mean better. If one costs more than the other but is a better alarm, i'll pay it.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic